Can't get address to change?

On the items i sell it says the Location is Hobart, Tasmania. I am no longer in Hobart, Tasmania. I have changed this so many times, I even changed it on the Clothing i am selling before i listed and i saw the location as "Nsw" when i listed 4 days ago but i just got someone asking for local pick-up, and i checked again, and its back to Hobart, Tasmania.

:_| What am i doing wrong LOL.
Message 1 of 16
Latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

nouveau_retro
Community Member
You won't be able to revise the 2 items with < 12 hrs to go.
With the other two, go to your ebay active selling items. Where it says 'more actions' left click and select revise. Scroll down your item page and click on the link to 'change location'.
Message 2 of 16
Latest reply

I havent revised. I put my address is when i listed the item for the first time, I moved 4 months and have been trying to get that address to say NSW but it goes back to Tasmania, so i just left it.
But i just wondered why, Could it be i use google chrome someone else had this problem and said it was google chrome. ?:|
Message 3 of 16
Latest reply

nouveau_retro
Community Member
Changing addess in your personal detils does not change item location- you have to revise item listings. I think it may be an option in bulk editor, though not 100% sure. There's only a few items so it should be be fairly quick.
Message 4 of 16
Latest reply

when i am selling an item, Under postage, it says item Location, and i change this address, and then for me, it says NSW but for others it says Hobart.
I can see it says Hobart now but i am 100% sure i changed them to NSW on my 55th attempt to change it
Message 5 of 16
Latest reply

As you have found, the Item Location is part of the LISTING. It can be different for every listing if you want.

If you are using templates or relisting old listings, then whatever Item Location is in THAT is what will carry forward into the new one.

All your four current listings show Hobart to me.
Message 6 of 16
Latest reply

zastera3
Community Member

had the same problem, driving me nuts - it cost me a fair bit on the auction of my boat , as people can do specific postcode searches for your item. The adress just wouldnt bloody change. Anyway its nothing to do with google chrome its to do with ebay. I have spent the last hour and a half on the live (nearly dead its so slow) chat. There is a coding error. Tech team is working to resolve it. Fortunately for me i had written on my ad halfway through the auction that i couldnt change the adress. Ebay is adamant that this is a problem that has only just happened. But my auction was 6 weeks ago, and i tried to list another item tonight with the same hassle. Anyway due to the adverse effect this has on an auction ebay was good enough to refund my $55 in fees. My advice is go through the process with the live chat, it takes a looooong time, but then they were great:)

Message 7 of 16
Latest reply

Your ad was six weeks ago. This thread was nearly a year ago. Rather than spending your time dragging up old threads, just start one of your own.

Message 8 of 16
Latest reply

I have found out that all sort details keep reverting to something I have done before.  For instance international postage, which I do not want to offer on several things I have listed in this moment, but every time I went to revise, it also changed to offer international post.  And item location has done that to me few time too.  Just to make sure I put in my TOS in payment options ...... and cash payment on pick up from X is also welcome.  That way should the gremlins do something to the item location I at least have that in there.

000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Voltaire: โ€œThose Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocitiesโ€ .
Message 9 of 16
Latest reply

2016 now and I'm having the same problem. I have changed all my addresses but when I list an item it still has my old suburb, but with the new postcode which doesn't match. Unfortunately there is no way of changing the item location, which makes it confusing for buyers. Why hasn't eBay fixed this???!!!
Message 10 of 16
Latest reply