Can't pay invoice, error message 'one or more items can not be paid for'

aled80
Community Member

Hi, a customer who successully bid on two items of mine is getting an error message when she tries to pay my invoice. "One or more items can not be paid for."

I've tried changing the shipping in the invoice to reflect combined purchase discount and also tried putting the difference in as a discount. The shipping is domestic interstate in Australia and I haven't change the type of postage from when the items were both listed. I haven't encountered this problem before, is it at my end or theirs? Is there a way around this?

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

I haven't encountered this specific problem, so I can only guess (hopefully there will be someone else to help out soon), but are your items the only ones she has purchased and / or is she using the cart with other items in it (possibly not yet purchased)? 

If she is trying to pay directly via the invoice, I'm not sure what could be causing the issue or how to fix, but if she's attempting to checkout with other items in the cart, there might be an issue with another item she has in there. 

If it can't be resolved via eBay, the only alternative I can suggest (if PayPal was offered and being used) is generating an invoice directly from PayPal and then marking as paid once payment is received. Just be sure to include the eBay item details in the invoice. 

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

I had this exact problem yesterday. Buyer trying to pay on invoice for 7 items, was only shown 1 item & charges. I got fed up with it so went to Pay Pal & generated my own invoice. All solved. Appeared to be an Ebay Glitch. Surprise, Surprise.
Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

5kazam
Community Member

My understanding is that if someone is putting multiple items in their cart from various sellers, it creates a problem to pay for items from a specific seller. There is a definite e-Bay glitch in paying for items in the cart.  

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply