Second chance offer?

Around 2 weeks ago I sold an item to somebody and they wanted to pay via bank deposit. I am okay with that... but not when its been over a week and lack of communication from the buyer.

Anyway, I have been given a deposit reference number, but not being told who this buyer banks with. Its probably been 8 business days now since buyer has claimed to have deposited the money. I am unsure if it was done in a bank or transfer online.
Would anyone else go for a second chance offer after waiting this long for money to get to your own bank account, or am I just being impatient??

- I have NEVER waited this long for money to get into my bank before!

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Second chance offer?

Get a confirmation from the buyer as to which bank so you can check the reference number and inform them the deposit has not appeared in your account. If no response within the next day or so, I would open an unpaid item case.

However normally a DD doesn't take long whether they have walked into a bank or over the internet.

Often it appears within hours of depositing. Sounds strange.

In the meantime contact the potential SCO recipient and explain the buyer still has not completed purchase and you may be sending a SCO if they are still interested.

image host
Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

Second chance offer?

wether you have the money or not, you cannot offer a 2nd chance until the first transaction is completed

to complete it you have to either open and close a non paying bidder dispute, or, get your buyer to agree to a Mutual Cancellation.

until one of those 2 is completed, you can only tell the underbidder you may have it available as 2nd chance but it is still not firm.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
~~ ~~ ~~ Those who do right, have nothing to fear.
Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

Second chance offer?

I have asked for which bank they are with but they wont reply to that message! Even more frustrating

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

Second chance offer?

send your buyer an email  (sample from previous poster - sorry I can't remember who)  make sure you repeat your bank details - and send to both their ebay email and their buyer email in case one is not monitored by them

Hi xxx

I have just been checking my payments received and see that I have not received a payment $xxx  from you yet for items purchased on xxx . If you have paid, could you please check your records to see if the payment has bounced back to you for some reason, or email me within 24 hours if there is a problem.

If required, my bank details are:  xxxxxx

If no reply after 24 hours, open a unpaid item case

Sometimes even the best of us might put a number wrong when using bank transfers and then it eventually bounces back

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

Second chance offer?

Have just done so... all my fingers and toes are crossed that this gets resolved... blaaah

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

Second chance offer?

Yes what curraone said.Just because a buyer says they have paid into the bank account doesn't mean they have& it's been long enough.

I've had a few of these that mess around telling me they have to stall or in the hope that you take them at their word & just post it.

Usually if someone asks for bank deposit,i message back with the details & "please understand that i cannot post the item until the transaction clears into my account.If you are not with NAB it may take up to 2 business days to show up in my transaction details".

This usually clears up any misunderstandings about when their item will be posted .Also as some people have the idea that if they have paid that it will instantly be visible in my account.

Sorry,not worded as well as i would like 'cos i'm a tad annoyed.had 1 last night,carrying into today & still asking about which branch & many other details that are not needed & insisting on express post from Newcastle to Sydney.

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply