Can't sell anyting with the word Toilet, sanitary or mask.

Hey

I sell toilet hygiene seals.

I sell toilet signs e.g. Disabled toilet or Male Toilet / Female toilet signs etc etc

I sell sleeping eye masks.

I sell Sanitary disposal bags for ladies hygiene products.

I have been supplying the accommodation industry with these items since 2012 (on my own website). 

Not long ago an Ebay salesman called me to put my products on Ebay. I agreed and his integration team uploaded all of my products.

The shipping wasn't correct so I had to go through each listing to manually change the shipping rates. When I tried to amend the shipping I got a warning saying I can't list these items as they are in breach of current restrictions. The actual restrictions are for Hand Sanitiser, Toilet Paper and Face Masks...... not these other items I sell.

I spoke to 2 ebay staff members who told me the only way around it is to remove the words "Toilet, Sanitary and Mask".

So this means I have to list the Disabled Toilet Sign to just "Disabled", Male Toilet Sign to just "Male" or "Female".

Sleeping mask.... Sleeping eye goggles perhaps???

Sanitary Disposal bags... Disposal Bag??? That is just a rubbish bag. 

If I change the title, then people using the correct search terms will not find my products.

This algorithm or filter is way over the top and is restricting sales. My business is already under extreme pressure due to this pandemic. The last thing I need is having false restrictions on items that should not be affected by your current policy.

Can anyone help?

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Hotel lavoratory seals

Signs - Mens, womens, gentlemens ladies

Ladies sanitary items

Sleeping eye wear

You could also try different ways of spelling toilet, toi let with a space or using a hyphen.

The search might find it but not picked up by the bots. It's worth a try.

image host
Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

Napkin /ladies napkin disposal bag?

Feminine Hygiene bag?

Restroom signs ?

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

Dunnies This Way

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

Theres plenty of listings with toilet in the title.

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

@kopenhagen5 wrote:

Hotel lavoratory seals

Signs - Mens, womens, gentlemens ladies

Ladies sanitary items

Sleeping eye wear

You could also try different ways of spelling toilet, toi let with a space or using a hyphen.

The search might find it but not picked up by the bots. It's worth a try.

Sorry for the delay in reply.

When people are searching for items they are not using 'sleeping eyewear' or Mens, Womens etc. They are looking for specific things so they type in specific words to find them.

If I type Mens into the ebay search bar, I get tons of results. If I type Mens toilet sign I get exactly what I want.

I can't use the word sanitary at all. 

I understand I can use tons of alternatives but none of them will show up because that is not what people are searching for. 

I hope that makes sense.

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

@eol-products wrote:

Theres plenty of listings with toilet in the title.

They were all listed before the ban came into effect.

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply