Can you buy something for another person from their watch list?

2-au112
Community Member
Can you buy something for another person from their watch list like on amazon?
Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

You would probably need to put it into your watchlist and buy from there, then change the delivery address in Paypal when you go to checkout. (if you want the item sent to that person)

Just remember to delete that address in Paypal, because if you forget that address may be where your future purchases are sent.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

2-au112
Community Member
I mean like can someone from another country go to my watch list, buy something for me, and it gets delivered to my address connected with my account without them knowing my address
Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

I don't see how they could unless you gave them access to your Paypal and eBay accounts - which would be more than stupid.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

@padi*0409 wrote:

I don't see how they could unless you gave them access to your Paypal and eBay accounts - which would be more than stupid.

Even then they are going to know the address.

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

@2-au112 wrote:
I mean like can someone from another country go to my watch list, buy something for me, and it gets delivered to my address connected with my account without them knowing my address

your watch list is only visible to you.  Itโ€™s not like a wedding gift registry list that you would lodge with Myer and have people buy you something from your list.

Can you let us know exactly why you are asking this?  Is it because you want to set up a list for people to buy you things or have you been approached by another member about buying you something?

I get the feeling that there is more subtext to your question based on you wanting to know if someone can buy something for you from your watch list, have it delivered to you without them ever knowing your address.  It just doesnโ€™t seem like a cut and dry enquiry.

Please give us the backstory to your enquiry.

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

go-tazz
Community Member

@2-au112 wrote:
Can you buy something for another person from their watch list like on amazon?

eBay used to have a wish list that could be seen on your eBay my world page but that could only be used to see

what others "wanted" (you would then use the information to buy something for them and send it to them only if

you already knew their address and changed it on your delivery details for that item only).

It disappeared earlier this year so now there is no option to do so as the watch list can only be seen by the

member who owns the account.good.gif

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

Anyone is welcome to buy anything for me on my watch list. The biggest ticket item in my eBay watch list is an Electrolux Pyrolytic Duo Oven.

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply