Can you cancel a sale when time limit for payment is given in auction info?

I always state this in my payment details:

** Payment to be finalized within 3 working days. ** Item described to best of my ability. ** No returns.

I believe it should, but does that in practice give the seller the right to cancel sale and re-list when payment has not been received?

According to eBay payment was initiated via PayPal, but it has not completed, and nothing has appeared in my account.

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Can you cancel a sale when time limit for payment is given in auction info?

no, basically your terms cannot alter the ebay terms to which you agreed when you signed up.

currently on ebay australia the buyer has 8 days to pay.   After day 4 the seller can open a dispute for non payment, then ebay allows the buyer a further 4 days to make payment, if they dont pay in those 4 days the seller can close the dispute after day 8 and is free to relist.

as to 'no returns' that only applied to change of mind, if there is a fault,the buyer has every right to return for a refund.

if the buyer has paid with paypal and it is coming from his bank a/c that can take a few days and its called an echeque.

however this will show in your paypal as 'pending'

if you have not received the payment maybe you have an error in your paypal email address, a simple typo such as a comma not a dot in .com.au will mean it does not arrive in your ac

is your paypal set to Premier a/c and not Personal?  if its personal you cant receive payments.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
~~ ~~ ~~ Those who do right, have nothing to fear.
Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

Thanks for the clarification.

Paypal has been working fine on other recent sales/purchases and no changes made so no issue there.

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

The 3 days term may be putting people off paying by DD as in some cases it may take longer than 3 days for DD to show up. 

000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Voltaire: “Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities” .
Message 4 of 4
Latest reply