Cancellation

I haven't experienced this one before... This morning I had a sale go through at 2.41am for pick up and buyer (who lives 1000km away) emailed that they would pay shortly.  Seven minutes later I recieved a cancellation email which says that the buyer indicated that they paid today and therefore please cancel and refund the buyer?!.  There are no records of any paypal transaction etc for this purchase.  Also on my desktop when viewing the item waiting to be cancelled it says that I had marked it as paid...however my mobile app is not showing this.  Wondering if I put through the cancellation that they can them claim their non existent payment?  

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Cancellation

It's a standard form email from eBay. If they haven't paid, there is no money to refund.

I would unmark it as paid first, though.

If there is no transaction in Paypal, eBay can't refund through the cancellation.

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

Cancellation

Hi all i made a purchase but did not notice it was a pickup . I have asked the seller 4 times to please cancel the sale and do a refund. This was only a couple of minutes after I paid I also opened a cancellation with eBay. I just got a message from eBay saying they will not accept my cancellation, This is so wrong it was a misunderstanding not on purpose as I live in another State so impossible to pick it up. What do I do?

Cheers, Chris.

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

Cancellation

It is now day4 after i canceled it.

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

Cancellation

Technically a seller is under no obligation to agree to cancel a transaction, but on a practical level it doesn't make much sense to refuse a cancellation when the buyer can't collect the item.

Read here, it details the options available to you:

https://www.ebay.com.au/help/policies/ebay-money-back-guarantee-policy/ebay-money-back-guarantee-pol...

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply