Cancelling a sale

hi,

can I cancel a sale after a buyer has paid? The buyer has questioned my postage prices continually, ie the items weigh 700g and he writes to me that he can't believe the 2 items weigh over 500g even though I informed him of the price and weight in the first instance. He has continually asked me to drop the price from $13 (3kg satchel) to $11. He says this is all he pays in SA and that Qld prices must be more expensive??? He paid the full amount. So in my haste and bad taste left due to his complaining have shoved it in a 500g satchel, hoping it will get through. I refunded him $5 and now he is complaining about that. I'd really like to cancel the whole sale. can i just refund his money through paypal? I know he will leave bad feedback anyway.

Thanks

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Cancelling a sale

Why refund if you think you'll get bad feedback?

then you have a neg and they have a free gift

never let a buyer dictate the postage costs, if its 700g then they should pay the real cost

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

Cancelling a sale

I would not send in that smaller satchel - can you imagine the hoo ha if he gets hit with a short postage charge. OUCH

A shame you have refunded already but I would cut my losses, send it in the correct size bag and put him on your BBL so you never have to deal with him again.

If he leaves a neg, you can reply to it (calmly) by saying Postage costs are dictated by Australia Post not the sellers or buyers - or something to that effect.

You can't please all the people all the time, so now I just please myself

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Cancelling a sale

Why refund if you think you'll get bad feedback?

then you have a neg and they have a free gift

never let a buyer dictate the postage costs, if its 700g then they should pay the real cost

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

Cancelling a sale

Oh no, I wouldn't send the items. I can't believe this person harrassed me with so many emails. I can't believe I've shoved it in a smaller satchel. I was so annoyed with him.

I just thought I could maybe refund and keep my items?? I've been on ebay for 9 years and can't believe I let this person get under my skin.

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

Cancelling a sale

Postage is non negotiable. Of course postage within SA (Adelaide presumably) is cheaper - it works under different rules.

You've pretty much stuffed yourself by refunding $5. A tacit admission that you've overcharged. If you refund expect a neg. Also look at Click and Send - $12ish for properly tracked 3kg satchels. After 9 years one would expect you would know the ins and outs of postage...

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

Cancelling a sale

I weigh and I charge what I pay to post. Nothing more. eBay is not my life. He entered into an agreement and started haggling over $2 after I had invoiced him. The invoice clearly stated the weight and cost of postage. He didn't believe me about the weight. he can weigh it when he gets it. Putting it in a smaller satchel is not admitting to overcharge, I simply did what he wanted.
Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

Cancelling a sale

I would not send in that smaller satchel - can you imagine the hoo ha if he gets hit with a short postage charge. OUCH

A shame you have refunded already but I would cut my losses, send it in the correct size bag and put him on your BBL so you never have to deal with him again.

If he leaves a neg, you can reply to it (calmly) by saying Postage costs are dictated by Australia Post not the sellers or buyers - or something to that effect.

You can't please all the people all the time, so now I just please myself

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

Cancelling a sale

Thanks, that's exactly what I did. Sent it in the correct satchel and absorbed the loss. He has actually left me extremely positive feedback. Live and learn. Thanks for your support green cat.
Message 7 of 7
Latest reply