Cancelling unpaid item

kateandjen
Community Member

Hi - my buyer hasn’t paid, but since it’s been more than 30 days since the sale, I can’t cancel it. Doesn’t anyone have any tips?

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Cancelling unpaid item

Cancelling unpaid item

My tip is, don't drag it out so long next time. If they haven't paid after 4 days and no communication, open a dispute. Unfortunately, there is nothing you can do with this case, you have lost the fees you paid and the buyer has got away with not paying. In future, open a non paying dispute after 4 days and give the buyer a well deserved strike against their account. Chalk this one up to experience.

Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

Cancelling unpaid item

Best tip I can give you if they havent paid after 4 days for whatever reason.  Cancel the sale 4 days and 1 minute after it went through.   No second chance, no nothing

Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

Cancelling unpaid item

Gee, I wish I'd said that.....

Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

Cancelling unpaid item

@*sons_and_daughters* wrote:

Gee, I wish I'd said that.....

Looking at the times, we both typed it at the same time.  Yours is more gentle, mine was to the point

Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

Cancelling unpaid item

There is no longer a "dispute" to open for non payment.

See the link I provided.

Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

Cancelling unpaid item

Last time I had to do one, it was using the "cancel" option. Then I was able to select that the buyer hadn't paid. Apparently that still gives them a strike. What shocked me was, the cancellation was immediate. I didn't have to wait several more days like the old way. Suited me!

I will go check your link now.

Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

Cancelling unpaid item

Hello

The new ruling of Ebay is 'If a buyer did not pay after 4 days, the sale/order is automatically cancelled by Ebay. I have 2 of those last month. The best is to contact Ebay under 'HELP' tab. They will gladly sort the issue. 

All the best.

L

Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

Cancelling unpaid item

That is not a ruling, it is a preference a seller can select.

Message 10 of 11
Latest reply