Cannot attach photo to email

A potential buyer sent me a message asking about an item that has been listed for the last month but is no longer listed (but still available). In order to ensure I understood the item she was inquiring about, I tried to arttach a photo of the item to my reply, but could not. Instead a pop-up message appeared:

In order to send your photos, your recipient needs to be able to receive HTML-formatted emails from eBay. This can be changed in communications preferences in the account settings section in My eBay.

So - OK I thought, but after closing the message, I couldn't attach my photo. I checked my settings, and my emails are set to receive HTML-formatted messages, so the problem isn't my end. Would ebay know if the intended recipient is set correctly?

I've never seen that message before. Anyone know what is going on? Or is this another glitch?

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

cq_tech
Community Member
If the buyer sent you a message via eBay messages then they would know whether or not she could accept HTML-formatted messages, so my guess is that she has configured her settings to accept text only. If you want to send her an image, you'll need to ask her to change her settings in "My Ebay / Accounts / Communication Preferences / Delivery Options" from 'text only' to 'HTML'. As soon as she does, you'll be able to attach your image(s).

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

cq_tech
Community Member
If the buyer sent you a message via eBay messages then they would know whether or not she could accept HTML-formatted messages, so my guess is that she has configured her settings to accept text only. If you want to send her an image, you'll need to ask her to change her settings in "My Ebay / Accounts / Communication Preferences / Delivery Options" from 'text only' to 'HTML'. As soon as she does, you'll be able to attach your image(s).
Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

Thanks cq - I have aready done that i.e.sending her a copy of the message, and asking her to check her settings. It's just that I have never come across that particular message before that threw me.

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

I've not seen it either but then most people have their email set to receive HTML by default.

Let's just hope that she's capable of changing her settings without external assistance.
Message 4 of 4
Latest reply