Cant list an item for sale

Hi guys,

Very confused here. I have a PS5 which I wish to sell. I’m not a scammer or anything like that – I have the item physically in my possession. Problem is that when I try to list I get this message:

“Thanks for listing a PlayStation 5! This item has limitations on the quantity that may be listed each week. You've reached this limit and will not be able to list at this time. You'll be able to list another PlayStation 5 seven days after your last PlayStation 5 listing. Unverified sellers or those not meeting our minimum performance standards will not be allowed to list a PlayStation 5”.

I don’t understand it. I haven’t listed any PS5’s previously so I don’t where the whole 7 days since my last PS5 listing narrative comes from and I’m verified with PayPal. I don’t know about minimum performance standards as this is the first item I’ve tried to sell on here. Seems odd to ask for minimum performance standards as a seller but wont let me sell in order to achieve these standards. Is this all correct and I just go to gumtree or am I missing something?

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Have you gone through all the processes to start selling ?  

https://sellercentre.ebay.com.au/listing-ebay

https://www.ebay.com.au/help/selling/selling/start-selling-ebay?id=4081

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

Thanks for your responce. Tried all that - still no joy

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

OK, then the best thing to do is go to the bottom of the link I gave you and use the "chat with us" option.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

Have you tried listing something else to see if you can do it? Try and create a listing for something like a toothbrush, to see if it allows. You can end it if it does work, without being charged.

Part of the issue could be that presales sold out within 10 minutes of being advertised and there are a lot of people listing presales of presales. Like masks and sanitisers, eBay has probably had to crack down on people because scammers would be rife.

Are these things really worth $1500, or are people capitalising on the fact you can't buy them in a store?

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

joz15au
Community Member
My son purchased his on pre-order at a B &M store Tippy (he was just about at the front of the queue 🙂). He paid $600 or thereabouts.
Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

Makes you wonder how somebody already has one if they haven't been released yet.

Maybe that's the OP's problem. As a new seller, they wouldn't (hopefully) be able to list pre-orders.

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

joz15au
Community Member
They were released, but the only people who got them were those who got in quickly and pre-ordered. There were none left for anyone who hadn't pre-ordered, and they will not be available again until next year, unless you want to pay the ridiculous prices they are being sold for by those who jumped in and brought up all the pre-orders for the initial release with the sole intention of selling them at said prices. My son has his as he was lucky enough to get in quick but I guess a lot of people didn't realise they would go off like that. Anyone who pre-ordered from the initial release would now have item, provided they picked it up.
Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

And want to be selling it straightaway. At list of course. Smiley LOL

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply