Cash only pickup

In my listing i put CASH only as my condition of sales. As ebay rules everybody should offer paypal(among 3 options) as a payment method. In my listing goods are only for pickup, no postage. If customer denied to pay cash and like to pay through paypal, can i refuse to accept that. 

does my condition override ebays one?

Message 1 of 54
Latest reply
53 REPLIES 53

Re: Cash only pickup

Further if you have a shop and take a credit card payment over the phone the person is by law not allowed to collect the item in person. It opens the door to fraud. (anyone who decides to respond to this with an opinion please do your research first as that is not up for debate. It is the law) One must assume that by precedent the same must apply with Paypal by Australian law.....Not that either Ebay or Paypal care about Australian law.

I took many cc payments over the phone in my shop, and the buyers collected them in person a week or 2 or 3 later, never had a problem.  Maybe one or other of the banks has a ruling on this (certainly not the ANZ or the NAB), BUT it is not LAW, maybe a banks Terms of Trading, but NOT federal or state law.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
~~ ~~ ~~ Those who do right, have nothing to fear.
Message 11 of 54
Latest reply

In my listing i put CASH only as my condition of sales. As ebay rules everybody should offer paypal(among 3 options) as a payment method. In my listing goods are only for pickup, no postage. If customer denied to pay cash and like to pay through paypal, can i refuse to accept that. 

does my condition override ebays one?

Actually, in your description you have written CASH ON DELIVERY! which is completely different to Cash on Pick Up.

I wont accept paypal for pick up items,(though when listing i MUST add it as an accepted form of payment).
In my description, write something along the lines of: Cash only sale. Paypal will not be accepted for pick-up-only items. Thank you.
I havent had any trouble buyers because of this, yet. ๐Ÿ™‚

********* *********** *********** ************ ************ *********** ***********
Be Kind To Nurses....
They Stop The Doctors From Killing You.
Message 12 of 54
Latest reply

I think that it about more than just refund protection. If I buy something for $500 and take cash whats to say its not a set up from someone who knows the house owners are away and they want to rob me. I know far fetched but it does happen these days.

I have no probs cash on pick up but anything over $100 I like another way to pay.

When life gives you lemons.
Squeeze them into people's eyes
Message 13 of 54
Latest reply

I think that it about more than just refund protection. If I buy something for $500 and take cash whats to say its not a set up from someone who knows the house owners are away and they want to rob me. I know far fetched but it does happen these days.

I have no probs cash on pick up but anything over $100 I like another way to pay.

The other way would be a bank cheque.

000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Voltaire: โ€œThose Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocitiesโ€ .
Message 14 of 54
Latest reply

Then I might as well go shopping. The point of ebay for most of us is its easier.

When life gives you lemons.
Squeeze them into people's eyes
Message 15 of 54
Latest reply

How to list items so you don't have to accept Paypal if item is picked up:

1. In delivery options ONLY select freight.

2. In payment methods select Paypal and Pay on pick up (not COD)

3. In item description say you are happy to arrange freight through Pack & Send and will give the buyer a quote if they provide their postcode.

Result:

If they want to use Paypal then they have to pay whatever you wish to charge them which will be pack & send's most expensive, fully trackable, fully insured service plus a decent handling charge for you having to get it to the pack & send depot.

If they don't want to pay the full invoice cost they must turn up with the cash or get an unpaid item strike.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 16 of 54
Latest reply

phorum you may get through to them eventually, I read this answer from you on a recent thread, really great method which breaks no ebay rules and gives full seller & buyer protection.

Message 17 of 54
Latest reply

3. In item description say you are happy to arrange freight through Pack & Send and will give the buyer a quote if they provide their postcode.

Result:

If they want to use Paypal then they have to pay whatever you wish to charge them which will be pack & send's most expensive, fully trackable, fully insured service plus a decent handling charge for you having to get it to the pack & send depot.

If they don't want to pay the full invoice cost they must turn up with the cash or get an unpaid item strike.

Unless it's lady Martini and the advice given on the thread link below

http://community.ebay.com.au/topic/Buying/Ive-Reported-Rudeness/600159646

.... then she would just forward the seller whatever she thought was appropriate to post the item in, and disregard the seller listing terms

after calling the seller rude and if the seller still preferred to use the expensive  form of freight that was specified in the listing

then it's off to the boards for advice which would consist of other members offering to pick the item up for the buyer and posting it for them in the buyers preferred freight choice

..... then advising the buyer to leave negative feedback and mark down the sellers dsr stars and report them as a non performing seller.....

Smart when the shoe's on the other foot ?????....dunno about that hypocritical comes to mind

atheism is a non prophet organization
Message 18 of 54
Latest reply

Result:

Great idea phorum_junkie*. Questions:

1. Is Pack & Sends fully trackable/fully insured service accepted by PayPal should a buyer open up a dispute?

2. If the buyer wins the item how does the freight cost stop them from just paying with PayPal just for the item alone? Are they not able to make payment UNTIL the seller sends them an invoice with the freight charge added?

Cheers, minimikimusic 

Message 19 of 54
Latest reply

It is breaking ebay rules, and I am reporting you for encouraging it on the boards.

You are forcing cash on pick up and that is not allowed, it is not a safe method - for damn good reason.

Message 20 of 54
Latest reply