Change to listing rules query

Hi guys,

I have just had to go away again and noticed last night when I was trying to list that the page has become far more complicated. However I have just received the following message from ebay.

Your listing didn't follow our Item description policy. Items must be listed in the correct category.

What activity didn't follow the policy

Activity on your account didn’t follow our policy. More specific details are provided below.

What you need to do next

Please review your current listings to ensure they follow our policy. Any future listings will need to follow our policy too.

What is the policy

• Items must be listed in the correct category
    • The category that best matches the item for sale should be selected
    • A secondary category that best matches the item for sale should be selected
    • Where a category that matches the item for sale doesn’t exist, the ‘Other’ category should be selected

Additionally:

• Item descriptions must be in the primary language of the eBay site where the item is listed. When you select international shipping, your listing will appear on other global sites and eBay will translate the information for you 
  • All content in a listing must be directly related to the item or the seller’s terms and conditions
  • Item descriptions must be accurate and not mislead the buyer
  • Item specifics must be accurate. When item specifics are required, they must be filled out completely
  • Product details must match the item exactly when creating a listing using the eBay catalog

How this affects your account

Because you may not have been aware of this policy, we're sending this notice to educate you about it and ask that you follow this policy in the future.

- Listings that didn't follow this policy have been ended and placed in your unsold items. 

• We have credited all associated fees except for payments processing fees and the final value fee for your listing(s).

Listings that don't follow this policy in the future will be ended. In addition, there will be a temporary 3-day restriction placed on your account, and your other listings will be hidden from search during this period.  All fees paid or payable for listings that are ended and/or hidden from search will not be refunded or otherwise credited to your account.

Why we have this policy

When item descriptions are accurate, and in the primary language of the eBay site the item is listed on, buyers get a clear understanding of what the item is and any terms and conditions related to the item before they buy.

Listings that don't follow policy

184020704160 - F10 3 Stunning Art Deco Style Brooches MINT condition

We appreciate your understanding.

I cannot find it in the unsold section, I have no idea what I have done wrong. Perhaps someone would be kind enough to explain.

Thank you.
Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Got it! Finally, thank you 🙂

View solution in original post

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

go-tazz
Community Member
Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

It's in your 'completed items'
Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

Try as I may I cannot see "completed" items?

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

"Unsold" or "Ended" items in seller hub?

Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

@grannytakesatrip17 wrote:

Try as I may I cannot see "completed" items?

That's why I put it in the first link in my reply which will take you straight to it (the item number is included to show

that it's your listing).

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

Thank you.

I have corrected this now. But I would love to understand why I could not find this link?

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

go to one of your listings > see other items > (on the left) click on 'completed items'
Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

Got it! Finally, thank you 🙂

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

The way I do it is click on your feedback numbers then select View items for sale and then Completed items.

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply