Changes coming soon to eBay.com.au (14/08/2012)

CmtyGuide@ebay.com
Community Member

This thread is to discuss the Changes coming soon to eBay.com.au

These changes include:

Enhanced functionality for multi-variation listings

Show your item location to increase buyer confidence

Greater 'Item Condition' clarity for buyers

Share your listings through your social network

Changes to Basic and Featured Store subscriptions

Please be advised, off-topic and/or disruptive posts may be deleted.

eBay Community Guides help you find what you need in eBay Community, but do not offer advice on other eBay features, or engage in conversation. Find out more about eBay Community and how it works here: Community Help Page
Message 1 of 260
Latest reply
259 REPLIES 259

Re: Changes coming soon to eBay.com.au (14/08/2012)

flotsam-jetsom
Community Member

The suggestion box is eBays Bermuda triangle. Suggestions sent there disappear without trace.:^O

Chuckles - sounds like every suggestion box I have ever heard of just quietly

Message 251 of 260
Latest reply

****Some sellers have been charging excessive postage and the free postage would fix that "little" problem****

In regard to sellers who charge excessive postage costs. . . if you think a persons charges are too high, you can always query them to see if there is a cheaper alternative, or do as I do and look for some-one with more realistic costs.

As a seller of second hand books for almost 2 years now, I have seen the price for my store go from $19.95 to $25.95 and now $49.95. I have been told of all the wonderful benefits, but as a seller averaging 1000 listings I dont really use all of the functions that come with my store. In hindsight this is probably dumb, but all I really need is the access to people. I dont want or need most of the extras and I dont usually take advantage of any extras that come with my store. Sales fell away for several months leading up to the new changes, but things are picking up again, but it is still only a hobby (if I relied on my sales to support me I'd be in deep poo poo!!) I REFUSE to sell with postage included as a lot of my buyers purchase multiple, cheap items that I combine. I have decided to play a wait and see game. $50 a month, plus ebay & pp fees hopefully, will still be better than site fee & petrol costs (and wind, rain, sunburn and narky people) and the hassle of setting up and lugging around tons of books!!...

Message 252 of 260
Latest reply

I can see myself reopening a store in the next few weeks, as soon i lose my 30 free listings, a store works out cheaper

Message 253 of 260
Latest reply

Ive just returned from a trip overseas and was planning on expanding my small ebay store when I got back, Ive been quite woried about these new policy changes as a small seller but have come to a decision to close my store this time and sell independently, and possibly come back to ebay to sell on the sideline. It will be harder and will require more work and advertising to get customers but the fewer sales will probably be offset by less fees and also knowing that you dont have to worry about your reputation being ruined by bad feedback.

Im quite disapointed with ebay and the lack of service in the past, and lack of care for paying customers and I think its great other sellers are taking the initiative and closing their stores too, if only google created an auction site, ebay would be out of business.  Hopefully in the future there will be a big competitor and then they wont be able to get away with treating customers however they like.  Its not just the fees with ebay, its more the principle, the only thing you get for your money is increased customers as its a worldwide marketplace but you dont really get control of your own store, and ebay run the show.

Maybe this time with the amount of sellers leaving they could have done permanent damage but only time will tell.

Message 254 of 260
Latest reply

WOW, almost 2 Months now and still NO REPLY.
The customer service and care given by eBay to us is non existent.X-(
Will you ever reply?
And yet you (eBay) go on and on about customer service.
It is no wonder so many people are getting fed up with this place.:-(

It used to be awesome, now just ๐Ÿ˜ž

Message 255 of 260
Latest reply

The pin fell off the board  :O... and....

we canna have new boardies a thunking that ebay actually does not do what it says it will do

........ I saw the lump disapearing under the 2nd page carpet and I thought it deserved to be back at the top of the heap......

..... like your customer service...

(I think my tongue may have just chipped a tooth and broken my cheek:-p)

TELL ME AND I WILL FORGET, SHOW ME AND I MAY REMEMBER,, INVOLVE ME AND I WILL UNDERSTAND Confucius 450bc
Message 256 of 260
Latest reply

Several times, they just ignore them...Thye don't even acknowledge that you sent one.

Message 257 of 260
Latest reply

Yucknot impressed I hate it as a buyer and I hate it as a seller computer runs like an old goat throw it out and give us our australian ebay back I am

Message 258 of 260
Latest reply

It'd be great if eBay stopped forcing us to use their wildly inaccurate 'condition' system when listing a book or comic. We are forced to describe our item as brand new, like new, very good, good or acceptable.

Who came up with this? It certainly isn't industry standard.

Something can certainly be in mint condition without being 'new'. And since when is there no grade between 'very good and 'like new'?! They're description of 'very good' is completely wrong, as well.

To make this even more ridiculous, in 'item specifics' we DO get to assign a more accurate grade to our item -- as an option... which almost invariably contradicts the mandatory 'condition' field we've already had to use.

My question is, what species of monkey comes up with this stuff?

Message 259 of 260
Latest reply

I cant find it either, even with the link.

Can you be really, really specific where I can find the free postage info??? Must be going blind in my old age.

Thanks

Message 260 of 260
Latest reply