Changing an address

Buyer has paid for goods but when I try to print label Message appears so click to amend after contacting buyer as they have an incorrect Suburb & postcode but is not allowed if you pay by monthy invoice.

Ebay solution contact buyer cancel order then buyer to repurchase with correct address?

Can I print initail label & change manually or does that mess with the tracking number? Thanks

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Changing an address

I'm having trouble following what you mean

but if what's happened is that after purchase the buyer has confirmed they have the wrong address and told you the new one, and you haven't printed an ebay label, I would use Aust Post and print the label there, because you can put anything you want.

I don't like the advice about cancelling the purchase and asking the buyer to pay again,, this rarely turns out well.

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

Changing an address

Hi yep thats exactly what I meant cheers for the answer

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

Changing an address

If it's a simple suburb/postcode issue just change it to the correct one.

It happens all the time and I've never had an issue using the correct information for buyers who don't know where they live.

Cancelling is a bad idea as you won't get your fees back from Paypal.

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

Changing an address

Could be the system won't let them. I had this issue a couple of months ago (posted about it on here somewhere, too).

I'd get stuck on the label creation page due to the suburb and postcode not matching, but at the same time it wouldn't allow me to edit the address. There was no way to proceed - it wouldn't accept the wrong PC/suburb combo, and also wouldn't allow it to be changed.

I reported it as a bug, but maybe it's still not fixed.

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

Changing an address

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

Changing an address

@tazzieterror wrote:
Could be the system won't let them. I had this issue a couple of months ago (posted about it on here somewhere, too).

I'd get stuck on the label creation page due to the suburb and postcode not matching, but at the same time it wouldn't allow me to edit the address. There was no way to proceed - it wouldn't accept the wrong PC/suburb combo, and also wouldn't allow it to be changed.

I reported it as a bug, but maybe it's still not fixed.

This can happen if the Street or Street number does not exist in the suburb and postcode that you are entering.(even though the postcode and suburb now match)  If the Postcode and suburb don't match it depends which is correct and which is wrong. For example, is it the postcode that is wrong or the suburb?. If one combination of postcode and suburb doesn't work, try the other. I would presume that the buyer knows the name of the Street and the number on their letterbox, so that part should be correct. Many people especially those living on the edge of a suburb, have suddenly found that according to Australia Post they have been using the wrong suburb or postcode, many of them for many, many years, and it always went through before automation.

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

Changing an address

You could get the correct information re his suburb and postcode from Aust Post's website, under "tools", enter either the suburb or postcode and you can usually work out the correct info.

Or,

Go into AP website and join up and "manage order" there, and create your label. You will get some automatic help there. If you type in their address the system automatically searches for the name and address and will flag if not correct. Can be very helpful.

Also check customers Paypal payment as their details are on there, and also your sales record in eBay.

Failing that as a last resort contact the customer and query their details. We only do this if all else fails as best to try to fix your self if you can. We never reccommend trying to cancel the sale and do over - as others have said often doesn't end well. 

(Sometimes feel like Sherlock Holmes when trying to find the right info).

Good Luck

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply