Changing invoice

Hi guys, I sold an item that is still yet to be paid for and now the buyer wants to pick the item up. What do I have to do now to make this happen? Can I send another invoice even though I have sent one already? Can I just let the buyer collect and then mark as paid? Also what do I need to do to protect myself with MBG and such forth when doing this? So confused by it all, really annoyed that the buyer bought the item with postage and now wants to pick it up!

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Changing invoice

if he hasn't paid you can send another invoice - see the drop down menu next to the sold item - it is a good idea to do this, otherwise you end up paying ebay final fees on postage

if the buyer wants to collect, there is no paypal protection for him, as he is supposed to check out the item while there

after he has paid, and collected, yes you mark the item as paid.

if you did not list the item as pick-up you are under no obligation to let him pick-up, but that rarely ends well

Message 2 of 12
Latest reply

Changing invoice

@curraone wrote:

if he hasn't paid you can send another invoice - see the drop down menu next to the sold item - it is a good idea to do this, otherwise you end up paying ebay final fees on postage

if the buyer wants to collect, there is no paypal protection for him, as he is supposed to check out the item while there

after he has paid, and collected, yes you mark the item as paid.

if you did not list the item as pick-up you are under no obligation to let him pick-up, but that rarely ends well

Thank you! Is there a way to cancel the sale if needed without copping a defect?

Message 3 of 12
Latest reply

Changing invoice

don't be tempted to cancel

Message 4 of 12
Latest reply

Changing invoice

@curraone wrote:

don't be tempted to cancel

Yes, I must admit I don't want to do this. Is it possible for buyers to cancel sales still? I know they used to be able to cancel for "found better price" and other reasons? Almost four days up and so will iniitiate the unpaid process if not paid. Not really fussed about missing out on the sale, just don't want a defect or a neg?

Message 5 of 12
Latest reply

Changing invoice

I am just wondering what is a nice civil message to send to the buyer reminding them of the four day period for payment and that it will automatically initiate an unpaid claim? I have seen some wonderful message that people have posted on here, cannot seem to get my brain working in gear today? I want to let them know that I know sometimes you are waiting on funds to clear etc.. and that as long as I know what is happening I am willing to work with them, but everything I have tried to write sounds patronising!!

Message 6 of 12
Latest reply

Changing invoice

How about  - 'could you please advise if you wish to complete this transaction as ebay will open an Unpaid Item Case after 4 days (tomorrow)?

Message 7 of 12
Latest reply

Changing invoice

Opps!  Change that -  'could you please advise if you wish to complete this transaction as ebay will open an automatic Unpaid Item Case after 4 days (tomorrow)?

It usually works for me.

Message 8 of 12
Latest reply

Changing invoice

@brownowl-14 wrote:

Opps!  Change that -  'could you please advise if you wish to complete this transaction as ebay will open an automatic Unpaid Item Case after 4 days (tomorrow)?

It usually works for me.

Yes, thanks for that! I did manage to get my head sorted and sent a message similar to that, still no reply to that one but it is only a few hours ago.

Message 9 of 12
Latest reply

Changing invoice

What I have done, is ask the buyer to pay including the postage and then immediately refund the postage. This worked for me

Message 10 of 12
Latest reply