Changing my postive feedback on another buyer.

Still learning the inside and outs of Ebay, We recently had a buyer buy an item from us. It was stated their were delays as I was selling my friends nintendo the guy had little to no communication as we tried to work with him then opened a dispute 1-2 times without ever letting us know in regards to them and what we could do to help.

In the end I decided to end the transaction and refund his money $150, His now left negative feedback and has dropped us below the ranking needed for powerseller. We work hard to have NO negative feedback this buyer was completely rude and called us pathitic he also abused another buyer recently and their kids.

Can something be done about this buyer? Also we leave auto feedback when we hit post we wish to revise our feedback.

Thanks guys!

Message 1 of 19
Latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Re: Changing my postive feedback on another buyer.

@ozbestbuyz wrote:

Still learning the inside and outs of Ebay, We recently had a buyer buy an item from us. It was stated their were delays as I was selling my friends nintendo the guy had little to no communication as we tried to work with him then opened a dispute 1-2 times without ever letting us know in regards to them and what we could do to help.

In the end I decided to end the transaction and refund his money $150, His now left negative feedback and has dropped us below the ranking needed for powerseller. We work hard to have NO negative feedback this buyer was completely rude and called us pathitic he also abused another buyer recently and their kids.

Can something be done about this buyer? Also we leave auto feedback when we hit post we wish to revise our feedback.

Thanks guys!

I'm not sure what you needed to work through with him. He paid you. You needed to send the item in a timely manner which obviously didn't happen. I personally think the buyer was in the right here... 

Also, you may want to double check your listing. It says nothing about the Nintendo being at a friends. I interpret from this "They location of the leads are somewhere hidden within our shed we are willing to help the buyer find new power adapter and TV conection." that the Nintendo would also have been in your shed. As well as this "The item will be posted via Australia Post, within 1 working days after payment is received." meaning that the item was in your possession and there were no problems in posting at the time of purchase. 

I'm unsure about how you can fight this feedback. Nothing the buyer has said is untrue. 

Message 2 of 19
Latest reply

Feedback can not usually be withdrawn once it has been left for those involved in the transaction.  A seller and a buyer can leave follow up comments to their feedback.

If you wish to leave a follow up comment if you click on your feedback page down the bottom on the left of the page are links lncluding a follow up to feedback left - that will then take you comments you have left and you can select the transaction you wish to make an additional comment on.

Given the situation you have described I am not sure that leaving further comment for this buyer will help the situation at all.  It may make the buyer more hostile, and they too may add further comments to your feedback record, below the negative feedback they have already left for you.  

Message 3 of 19
Latest reply

Our template stated no refunds but we did refund, We spoke to the buyer ASAP regarding postage stating their were going to be delays as my friend who has gone through a family tradegy quite recently has not been at our home location which was also stated I made a selective choice to fully refund the item. Problem is the buyer was VERY rude and has been to another buyer recently.

Within 1-2 days of the sale with no communication he opened a paypal dispute, We work hard to have high communication and provide a fair trade to our buyers. The location was within my friends shed his my business parter on ebay. Although we will change our templates now and make sure everything is correct on our end.

He was given postive feedback and us negative are their anyways to leave a note under our feedback given our revise our feedback to him?

Message 4 of 19
Latest reply

Can Feedback be changed or removed?

Responding to Feedback

All about Feedback policies

When eBay may remove or adjust Feedback

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 5 of 19
Latest reply

OP: "Also we leave auto feedback when we hit post we wish to revise our feedback"

From site map

"withdraw feedback" 

You can't revise positive Feedback. However, you can leave a follow-up comment to your original Feedback.

If you left negative or neutral Feedback for one seller that was intended for another seller, we may be able to remove it. Here's what you need to do:
  1. Leave exactly the same Feedback for the right seller.
  2. Contact us to let us know about the error.
Note: eBay doesn't remove positive Feedback that was left for the wrong member.
Message 6 of 19
Latest reply

Thanks guys,

Template was changed, We changed some of the ways we write and do things from now on. We did leave a follow up regarding it to let others know.

Message 7 of 19
Latest reply

yikes! that follow up doesn't make you look very friendly.

"to avoid anymore hassles". Seriously?

Fair enough that's what you think/why you did it, but do you really want other potential customers to think that any follow up service they may require will be considered a "hassle"?

You informed the buyer of delays AFTER they won the item. The listing never said anything before the customer decided to commit. The poor buyer probably thought you were trying to do a shifty on them.

Of course you should have refunded them, don't make out like you've done them any big favours!

Your reply could have been used to "save face" and potentially restore your reputation, something as simple as "Full refund provided due to unexpected/unforceeable events." That would have been a lot more comforting and trust provoking than "my customer's problems with my inadequacies were a hassle for me to deal with".

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 8 of 19
Latest reply

Our template stated no refunds but we did refund

Your no refund policy applies to change of mind refunds and if they opened a dispute you were obliged to either refund or provide proof of posting, no other option available.

I would never list anything for somebody else unless it is in my possession and I had complete control over the whole transaction.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 9 of 19
Latest reply

As stated, We have more postive feedback and anyone who has dealt with us prior to this sale know we go above and beyond to provide customer satisfaction. Yes we made a mistake and now we have to deal with it and are still new to Ebay as we build our business. One of two options we refund or I wait for communication from my friend which and I state again WAS told as soon as I had found out the delay was going to occur.

Dueing the messages abuse was given via the buyer which I reported to Ebay which I'm quite concerned and upset about, First time using follow up so I'm not sure how exactly I deal with these types of buyers who are abusive or what I am meant to write.............

I'm quite annoyed and bummed about our % and the way the transaction has gone, We were already hesitate from speaking to him the first time in regards to the negative someone else put on his feedback. After the rude comment we got from him after I stated that from my perspective that their was no communication on his part what so ever in terms of the dispute.

He payed for the item, Soon as I found out about the delay it was stated to him. He was fine with it. 2 hours later disputes been opened without even contacting us stating that we are trying to rip him off........

Message 10 of 19
Latest reply