Changing my postive feedback on another buyer.

Still learning the inside and outs of Ebay, We recently had a buyer buy an item from us. It was stated their were delays as I was selling my friends nintendo the guy had little to no communication as we tried to work with him then opened a dispute 1-2 times without ever letting us know in regards to them and what we could do to help.

In the end I decided to end the transaction and refund his money $150, His now left negative feedback and has dropped us below the ranking needed for powerseller. We work hard to have NO negative feedback this buyer was completely rude and called us pathitic he also abused another buyer recently and their kids.

Can something be done about this buyer? Also we leave auto feedback when we hit post we wish to revise our feedback.

Thanks guys!

Message 1 of 19
Latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Re: Changing my postive feedback on another buyer.

I'm sorry.

You quote 1-2 days postage time. I note your postage time stars are (in eBay terms) ordinary, so at least a few buyers aren't particularly happy with your postage time. As perceived by them.

This is the 2nd neg you've had in 3 months, so I can understand your concern.

Maybe the buyer opened a dispute without communicating BECAUSE they thought there was no point in communicating BECAUSE you state no refunds. I can certainly imagine myself as a buyer being told you can't find it and, noting your no refund policy, would probably not bother talking before opening a dispute.

Put yourself in the buyer's place.

Message 11 of 19
Latest reply

1-2 days after sale the buyer opened a dispute,sorry but this time frame is not possible for anyone to open a dispute

Message 12 of 19
Latest reply

@zelly888 wrote:

1-2 days after sale the buyer opened a dispute,sorry but this time frame is not possible for anyone to open a dispute

Obviously it is. There are tales of buyers being able to open INR disputes within hours of a sale. And as the OP had already told the buyer the item wasn't available AND OP had a no refunds policy....

Message 13 of 19
Latest reply

agreeing with dave here, this is a C&P directly from the PayPal website:

Resolution Centre => Guides.=> Buyer Tutorials => Disputing a Transaction.

Step 1 - Open dispute right away

You can open a dispute. in the Resolution Centreto contact a seller directly and resolvea problematic transaction. You have 45 days from the payment date to open a dispute. Common reasons for opening a dispute include:

• You paid for an item but haven't received it and the seller is uncooperative or unresponsive
  • You received an item that was significantly–not–as–described (SNAD).

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 14 of 19
Latest reply

I thought there was some kind of 4? day delay before you could open a dispute against a powerseller....or is that just for leaving feedback?

photo screen-1-1-1-1.jpg
Message 15 of 19
Latest reply

Negative feedback that would be, positive can be left straight away.

photo screen-1-1-1-1.jpg
Message 16 of 19
Latest reply

@punch*drunk wrote:

I thought there was some kind of 4? day delay before you could open a dispute against a powerseller....or is that just for leaving feedback?

i think that's an eBay thing for leaving feedback (and I think it is 7 days) it might be for disputes too, I don't know, but that is definitely an eBay thing, not a PayPal thing.

The eBay UID cannot be initiated until day 4 though.

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 17 of 19
Latest reply

A paypal dispute can be opened immediately the item is paid for.

When you make a payment the message comes up "Having problems?  Open a dispute in paypal before xxxx".

You can leave positive feedback at any time but neutral or negative feedback for a powerseller can only be left after 7 days.

Message 18 of 19
Latest reply

Hey guys,

Sorry just read all the posts, Money has been refunded and yes you can straight after sale open a dispute. All postage delays are stated to a buyer from our store. It was not long ago 5/5 couple weeks theirs been a delay due to outside issues that are out of my control. The template is old if you check our new ones.

As we opened up to refunds not long ago even with the old templates we stated they could still refund their items even though its not stated there. Ebay can see this surely by checking the messages. Talking to the buyer I have asked him to meet in the middle at the sake at both our feedback and we both come to a conclusion we can both revise.

Some of our past delays on items have actully been sent out free of charge which means money out of our own pocket to keep a buyer happy and the entire price of the item refunded, If sending something for free is ripping buyers off then I don't know what to do........

Our first Negative has been refunded that we got months ago and the buyer has not even replied to us or revised our feedback since then and the guy has a postive feedback of 1 which he had months ago which was from us when we sent it.........

Message 19 of 19
Latest reply