Cheapest way to send a package overseas from australia

pxv001
Community Member

Cheapest way to send a package overseas from australia?

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Airmail with tracking using Australia Post. Not using tracking may save some money but not if there is a dispute with the delivery as you have no proof..

If it is thin (20mm and under) you can use letter mail.

Last thing be weary sending expensive items overseas and make sure you use the methods needed to give you paypal seller protection.

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

If sending smaller, lower value items regularly, look into GM Packet via DHL. I just switched to them after getting charged $12 to send a 130g letter, and have saved quite a bit already - contracts will vary but even with my low-ish volume, myself and my buyers are much better off. My costs start at less than $3 to most countries for untracked parcels, and less than $8 for tracked, with no 2cm restriction on thickness - they charge by the gram, and these prices are for very light-weight packages of course, so if your items are on the heavier side this pricing may not be in line with what you'll be up for, but a tracked package to the US via Aus Post is $24 for up to 500g - via DHL I'd pay about $20 for a parcel dead on 500g, with $50 insurance included (insurance is max $50, though, and only available on the tracked packages - it's great for my low value items). 

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

What is the max weight they allow for this service. I have alot of A4 printed matter averaging around 150 grams which I sell but due to the new $12 rate made them non profitable.

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

@eol-products wrote:

What is the max weight they allow for this service. I have alot of A4 printed matter averaging around 150 grams which I sell but due to the new $12 rate made them non profitable.

2kg - I can send over 2kg parcels, but not for the rates like above. My contract has special (cheaper) rates for printed matter, actually, though they do have a max. 2cm thickness restriction and 1kg limit instead - if I'm reading it right, 150g A4 looks to be around the $3 price mark, depending on destination. 

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply