Check that your listings are showing up in searches. Mine Aren't!

I thought this was just a Friday glitch, but no.

A quick search to see where my items are sitting in results revealed that most of my 320 listings are not showing up at all (unless you type the item number. Excellent news).

A small percentage are, bizarrely, showing up as being "items from international sellers" (I'm definitely on the .au site and all item locations are listed as QLD).

eBay is supposedly looking into this problem, but I am pretty much kissing my long weekend sales goodbye at this point because no one can find my items. Smiley Frustrated

Might be worth checking your own. I don't know if I'm just unlucky or if this is a widespread problem.

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Ebay rang me last week to discuss some matters I raised in one of their surveys and I talked the guy through doing a search for kids unisex ski pants (I sell skiwear and have about 30 pairs listed with all those words in the title and item specifics). He was surprised to find (as am I), that only 76 items for the whole of Australia come up, and NONE OF THEM ARE MINE! He was genuinely dumbfounded, especially when I pointed out that 76 items had been coming up in that search for the last week or so.

He checked my listings and declared them fine, and promised to look into it but did admit that it was out of his league and that technical problems - which seem to be on the increase as far as I'm concerned - often take some time to resolve.

I don't doubt his sincerity, but as I pointed out to him, it's no comfort when I'm selling a seasonal item in what is already a very short season, and as soon as it starts snowing, nobody can see my stock. With my luck, they'll fix it just as Summer kicks in.

Here endeth the rant.

Marina.

Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

@nevillesdaughter wrote:

Ebay rang me last week to discuss some matters I raised in one of their surveys and I talked the guy through doing a search for kids unisex ski pants (I sell skiwear and have about 30 pairs listed with all those words in the title and item specifics). He was surprised to find (as am I), that only 76 items for the whole of Australia come up, and NONE OF THEM ARE MINE! He was genuinely dumbfounded, especially when I pointed out that 76 items had been coming up in that search for the last week or so.

He checked my listings and declared them fine, and promised to look into it but did admit that it was out of his league and that technical problems - which seem to be on the increase as far as I'm concerned - often take some time to resolve.

I don't doubt his sincerity, but as I pointed out to him, it's no comfort when I'm selling a seasonal item in what is already a very short season, and as soon as it starts snowing, nobody can see my stock. With my luck, they'll fix it just as Summer kicks in.

Here endeth the rant.

Marina.

It's terribly frustrating. We pay eBay for exposure, and receive none. It's not acceptable. Sucks for buyers too - in my category there is only one other seller who sells my items and their items are double the price of mine.

Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

saarzi
Community Member

Have you read Ebays user agreement?? They reserve the right to place listings wherever they please in searches, including not at all.

You pay them for listing your item, in line with their user agreement. You dont pay them for "exposure" at all, unless youre one of the larger companies who are on a corporate contract by invite, and that is included in that contract..

This has been business as usual for Ebay for two years now... this was placed in their T&Cs in 2013. It may not be legal or ethical, but its not like its a secret or some new thing.

Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

@saarzi wrote:

Have you read Ebays user agreement?? They reserve the right to place listings wherever they please in searches, including not at all.

You pay them for listing your item, in line with their user agreement. You dont pay them for "exposure" at all, unless youre one of the larger companies who are on a corporate contract by invite, and that is included in that contract..

I reckon they are placed on the CEOs toilet roll

-------------------------------

ASSUMPTION IS THE MOTHER OF ALL STUFF UPS!!
Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

@saarzi wrote:

This has been business as usual for Ebay for two years now... this was placed in their T&Cs in 2013. It may not be legal or ethical, but its not like its a secret or some new thing.

Thanks for your contribution, but I don't give a damn what their user agreement says (and did anyone say it was a secret or some new thing? No). 

If my items are not in the search results within a week I'll close my store and transfer to my website. The whole point of being on eBay is that people can find (and buy) my items. If they can't find them, then there's absolutely no point me being on here.

This might be just the push I need to move my operations 100% to my site.

Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

And I'm interested to know where you're looking, Saarzi, because all I can find is this:

14. Listing Conditions

By listing an item on eBay's sites, you agree to pay eBay's fees for the listing, assume full responsibility for the content of the listing and item offered, and accept the following listing conditions:

• When you list an item on eBay's sites, your listing will be posted on eBay's sites and can be viewed in My eBay.

• Your listing may not be immediately searchable by keyword or category for several hours (or up to 24 hours in some circumstances), so eBay can't guarantee exact listing durations.

• Where your listing appears in search and browse results may be based on certain factors including listing format, title, bidding activity, end time, keywords, price and postage cost, Feedback and detailed seller ratings. Learn more about where your listings appear in search and browse results.

Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

Seems fine for me, but I only have about 40 items listed at the moment. I can find most of them on the first three pages, which is always what I aim for.

Hope the issue gets resolved soon for you!

Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

@everard6920 wrote:

A quick search to see where my items are sitting in results revealed that most of my 320 listings are not showing up at all (unless you type the item number. Excellent news).

A small percentage are, bizarrely, showing up as being "items from international sellers" (I'm definitely on the .au site and all item locations are listed as QLD).

eBay is supposedly looking into this problem, but I am pretty much kissing my long weekend sales goodbye at this point because no one can find my items. Smiley Frustrated

Might be worth checking your own. I don't know if I'm just unlucky or if this is a widespread problem.

I just clicked on YOUR  *view listings*  and you have nothing listed. So im not sure if the gremlins got you, or you have cancelled all your 320 items.
Man Indifferent

********* *********** *********** ************ ************ *********** ***********
Be Kind To Nurses....
They Stop The Doctors From Killing You.
Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

cq_tech
Community Member

@everard6920 wrote:

Are your 320 items listed on the same ID you used to post this message, because if they are, then I can see nothing at all. According to eBay, you have no items listed at all under your everard6920 ID. If you've listed them under an alternate ID then tell us what it is so we can check for ourselves that they are indeed showing in searches.

Message 10 of 11
Latest reply