Christmas delays and inevitable losses... advice please :)

Hi Everyone,

I was just curious, how do people suggest sellers handle Christmas post delays?
I post within the one business day rule, but know at Christmas things without a doubt take longer!
Is it best to do a BULK adjustment to listing descriptions, and list something at the top of all listings that you delete later, suggesting there may be longer postage delays than usual around Christmas.

I would like to say it seems like common sense, however, I am learning that a few valuable skillsets can be missing from buyers... common sense, fairness, honesty, reasonableness and so on LOL 🙂

Do you all just leave it, and just answer complaints of items not arriving with "Please wait longer"?

Any wisdom shared would be fab, thanks!

Message 1 of 24
Latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

Re: Christmas delays and inevitable losses... advice please :)

With a postcode of 2800 you're obviously not in the National Network sheepy, but you are in the NSW Network, if that helps at all. I also assume it means that if you send via Express Post to anybody in the National Network, your item should therefore arrive in just 2 days, which could be of great benefit to you.

NSW state network

Next business day delivery from Sydney and suburbs (1000-1920; 2000-2249; 2555-2574; 2740-2786) to all locations listed below; and

From all locations listed below to Sydney and suburbs.

Note: Outside metropolitan areas guaranteed service is to and from townships only.

Message 21 of 24
Latest reply

Thanks CQ. I might have to add that to my listings and see if it makes a difference.

I had a lady buy something off me a couple of months ago and she asked if I could send it express. I replied and told her no. Probably sounds harsh, but she lived in a neighbouring town and mail gets there overnight anyway, which I told her. As it was, her husband was coming to town the next day, so I met him and dropped it off. She hadn't checked the location of the item and felt a bit silly when she found out!

Message 22 of 24
Latest reply

Buyers are not idiots, they do not leave on an  other planet! They know Christmas  delays and expect them.

The question is how the ebay handle those delays if a buyer tries to create problems to a seller.

Hardening the rules and pressing farther the sellers for delays that do not depend on them only problems could create to all sides!

Common sense, good will and understanding is the best solution to this kind of problems!

I do not think it is legal to punish a seller for delays from  post office'  on Christmas

Message 23 of 24
Latest reply

@antonios7529 wrote:

Buyers are not idiots, they do not leave on an  other planet! They know Christmas  delays and expect them.

The question is how the ebay handle those delays if a buyer tries to create problems to a seller.

Hardening the rules and pressing farther the sellers for delays that do not depend on them only problems could create to all sides!

Common sense, good will and understanding is the best solution to this kind of problems!

I do not think it is legal to punish a seller for delays from  post office'  on Christmas

Buyers don't care about Christmas delays, they want their item by the eBay estimate time, period. EBay don't care either. If the buyer demands a refund, they get it and there's nothing sellers can dp about it.

Message 24 of 24
Latest reply