Click & Collect - My 'Fraud' Case ( which isnt fraud)

Hi there

Thought I would post an update to this and a good news story for sellers plus an apology I am owed by that rude individual who posted on my thread.

I had a buyer open an item not received request claiming no receipt. The item was sent untracked. My question was the notification of recevied by Big W enough to satisfy ebay and I recevied various responses some nice some rude!

Well to my surprise I got an inbound phone call from eBay this morning from their click & Collect dept asking me if there was any issue with the transaction. I stated no issue other than the buyer has not left enough time to receive it and I am happy for them to return it.  I was then somewhat gob smacked when the nice eBay rep stated they could see it was awaiting collection despite no tracking and would be closing the request down!

Good service eBay I am very impressed a big improvement. And other than the ignorant person who posted condascending ( and factually incorrect it now turns out) messages on my thread thanks to the others for your advice!

So click and collect can essentially it seems act as free tracking on regular post services. Another good reason to use it.

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Great outcome! Thanks for letting us know. A win for the seller for a change!

Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

Of course this does not stop a claim via paypal!

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

But at least if the buyer does not collect it the parcel will be returned to you so you have not lost the money and the goods.

You have already said you were happy to refund if the buyer sent it back when they did receive it.

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

I have a question re eBay cases and PayPal claims.

I was of the understanding that if a buyer opened a case with eBay, then they coudn't open one with PayPal.  I thought it could only be one OR the other.  Not one and THEN the other.

Could more knowledeable members please clarify this.

Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

Apperntly they can we had one case was closed by Ebay, then the buyer opened another via Paypal.

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

Well, I won't be 'lazy', I'll go and have a look at the 'Site Map'.

I was positive there was something about one or the other, not both.

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

You cannot open both at the same time.  If an ebay MBG claim fails you can then go to paypal.  If that fails and the paypal payment was funded by a credit or Visa debit card the buyer can then try a chargeback.

I don't think my nerves would stand up to the potential for all these avenues to get a refund now.

Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

Well, I think that stinks.

So all the nasty little people who want to keep their item and get their money back as well, get more than one bite at the cherry.

(Though I think that PayPal make them return the item before refund don't they?)  But again, as you said, chargebacks.

What happened to 'umpires decision'!!

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

The most unfair part of it is that if the dispute is escalated in ebay it is almost always decided in the buyer's favour and they get a refund and told to keep the goods.

At least with a paypal dispute the refund is not given until the seller confirms thay have the goods back....and they are supposed to be sent with full tracking.   That sometimes turns the opportunist off.....if it is going to cost them a mint to get their refund.

It is the same with bank chargebacks...the goods have to be send with full tracking AND signature on delivery.....and the bank is loath to refund until you actually send them the signature.....too bad if AP does not collect it.

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply