Click and Collect has been enabled on some of my listing, but I don't offer it...?!

As stated - how did Click and Collect end up being added on some of my listings? I have never had it as a delivery option and it is not enabled in my postage preferences in my account settings.

So far over the last couple of weeks my listings have:

• had best offer enabled without my approval.
  • been magically portalled to a random location 8 thousand miles away and back again.
  • are available to pick up via click and collect ( but aren't really)

Anyway, how do I turn off this click and collect offer that I don't actually offer?

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Click and Collect has been enabled on some of my listing, but I don't offer it...?!

It has been happening to a few people here for several weeks (and back then, eBay CS told at least a couple of us they were going to 'pass it on to tech' and then 'tech were aware and wrorking on removing it' ....a likely story 

It keeps coming and going at random on all of mine too. I have never offered it, never ticked it and used to remove it when eBay would shove it there anyway (last year) this time though, there is no option to remove it (if I go to the settings it shows I am not active/opted in etc etc etc) yet there it is

If I go to my actual listing, it is not longer there (only on the search results) at this stage

I am very surprised there have not been posts here from buyers saying the seller is dodgy because their listings offer it but then they don't accept it (much like the abuse that was thrown around with eBay adding best offer to people's listings without their knowledge or permission ( 'eBay would'nt do that' 'the seller did it because they are scammers' and other delights from delightful people which I am not allowed to address) 

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

https://sellercentre.ebay.com.au/click-and-collect

If you'd prefer not to offer a Click & Collect service for your buyers, you can opt out altogether, or exclude certain listings. To opt out of Click & Collect completely, go to My eBay > Site preferences > Click & Collect and select opt-out. You can opt back in at any time.

Except, as bear mentions, I cannot find it either.

image host
Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

Trouble is Kopes, even when people have opted out, it's still showing up as being available. For someone like Terroxboy, who sells plants, it could be detrimental if someone selects C&C as postage. If it takes them a few days to pick up after it's arrived at the store, the plant could be dead, then it's all TB's fault.

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

kopenhagen, enigmabear, eBay appear to have moved the Click & Collect option to Manage postage settings.

@terroxyboy, as tippy*toes says, it's frustrating when eBay simply tinker with settings set by the client (the seller) to override their decisions. But perhaps as a result of eBay's IT having changed site preference layout and so on, some eBay members will have had their settings changed in a way that can easily be changed back by the seller... and hopefully those settings will not then be changed back again by eBay in a sort-of "Who's Going To Surrender First?" game.

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

That is the trouble though, in my settings it shows I am not enrolled, but eBay show I offer it on all my listings

I can't remove it in my settings because my settings show I do not offer it

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

I just checked one of my accounts and it's showing up on 53 out of 66 items, when I click see other items. It doesn't show inside the listing, nor does it when I revise the item. I checked my settings and am definitely not opted in.

As an aside, 5 of my auctions that I revised, the relist 9 times box was unticked, so I ticked it again. It will be interesting to see if I do actually get 9 relists. The others were down to 3 relists. These were all listed at the same time!

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

I have complained three times about 'click & collect' being on my thumbnails, but not on my listings.....have written confirmation from ebay that it is their error and they will fix within 72 hours....that was a week ago 😞
Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

I see the problem; that is ridiculous.

Including a short statement in the description is about all that you can do.

For anyone else dealing with this situation, you may want to do something similar. "🛈 Click & Collect not offered. (It may erroneously seem to apply to listings in the search results due to an eBay technical glitch.)"

... or whatever wording is appropriate.

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply