Click and Collect set for all my listings... wth?

I was editing some of my listing today and noticed that Click and Collect seems to have been enabled for all my listings, without my knowledge and without me adding it in myself. My listings are GTC listings that have been running since before Click & Collect existed, so they were definitely enabled by eBay and not me.

Did anyone else notice this with their listings? Any drawbacks with providing Click and Collect to buyers? How do signature on delivery with Parcel Post or Couriers work with Click & Collect?

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

go-tazz
Community Member
Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

There were emails about this last month, eBay added it to all eligible listings at the start of the month and if you don't want it you need to opt out in your preferences.  It should only appear on listings with free post, but that won't stop buyers using it even if it doesn't show.  I had a number of buyers use it during the trial phase even though I did not offer it.  They would simply give a C&C address in checkout.  I'm not sure how they managed that because I thought the registration number was different for each transaction, and generated by clicking the C&C option for shipping, but without that option, well......

You ship exactly the same as normal, just use the address given (Big W or Woollies and the reg code). You must use tracking and free post, and once the item arrives at the store the buyer is notified to come and collect.  Ar that point it is deemed delivered and the buyer can no longer claim not received.  It is not supposed to include letter post items but all of the ones I have had have been letters and all arrived safely anyway. 

I have opted out, as most of my items go letter post and I prefer not to take the risk. 

Cheers,

Penny
Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

@dave4110 wrote:

I was editing some of my listing today and noticed that Click and Collect seems to have been enabled for all my listings, without my knowledge and without me adding it in myself. My listings are GTC listings that have been running since before Click & Collect existed, so they were definitely enabled by eBay and not me.

Did anyone else notice this with their listings? Any drawbacks with providing Click and Collect to buyers? How do signature on delivery with Parcel Post or Couriers work with Click & Collect?

Dave - we have been offering click and collect since it was originally trialled with only one minor hiccup in the first week.

As click and collect is now available throughout most states in the last few weeks I have noticed a definite increase in the number of buyers who choose to use the service.

As the parcel is addressed to a Big W or Woolies store it is signed for once it arrives at the store. Ebay then send the buyer a collection code which they need to take with them to collect the parcel. The parcel is deemed to be delivered by ebay once it arrives at the store.

Like everything there will be odd hiccups along the way but from my experience for buyers who like the convenience of being able to collect their parcel from their nominated store they use the service again and again.

With Australia Post introducing a fee in August to hold uncollected parcels over a certain amount of time I think that the Click and Collect service is going to be increasing in popularity for customers who are unable to get to the Post Office during their business hours.

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

Along with the other comments, I would just add, C & C was automatically added to all my listing even though I do not, and never have, offered Free Post.  One would assume that without Free Post buyers would not be able to use C & C, but I don't trust the system Smiley Surprised, there are too many glitches, so I was deleting it from every listing & have since changed it in my Preferences.

95% of my orders are sent Large Letter and are low value, so there is absolutely no way I am about to start offering Free Post to accommodate C & C

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply