Click and Send...Defunct Now? (April 2107)

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Firstly did a search and didn't find a succinct answer for my situation, so apologies if already asked and replied, but maybe this will help others too.

I'm probably one of the few low volume, sporadic sellers (non-business) left these days and was just listing some smaller items and found some plain AP eBay satchels (500g, 3kg & 5kg) I bought a couple of years back. In preparation I logged in to Auspost's (AP) Click and Send site and it had a message that I can only access C&S "view only" for past history etc. And to create a new AP My-Post account.

From memory Click and Send linked you to your eBay selling activity.....does My-Post do the same? The funny thing is, if you Google "Click and Send" there is still an AP page to register for it??

Suppose what I'm after is someone to kindly spell out if I can still use these old satchels and best way to print labels for them when (hopefully) my items sell. can I print an address label via ebay maybe once sold and paid....has been a while.

Thanks in advance.....Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Active Click & Send accounts started to be migrated to the new system (My Post) a few weeks agos, so I can only presume inactive accounts were denied future access when that started happening. Unfortunately my C&S account has not become available to switch over to My Post as yet, so I can't tell you what the differences are, only that Aus Post have been spruiking it as pretty much the same thing, but on a more stable platform - just purely technically, the satchels that are meant to be used with C&S are the plain red and white ones, while the eBay branded ones are meant to be used with eBay's postage label system, but realistically no one has ever been pulled up for putting a flat rate satchel label on the "wrong" colour satchel.

For flat rate satchels though, in general eBay will be 10% cheaper than C&S, unless you have qualified for discounts via C&S (usually requires an application for a Business 250 account, which requires an ABN and minimum annual volume of 250 parcels - eg a 500g satchel via eBay is $7.40 (plus associated satchel and printing costs), while the full rate via C&S - or My Post - is around $8.00 (I think)). 

Edited to add: Once an item is sold and paid for on eBay, the "print postage label" option should appear, which is much like the label generation via C&S, but you can only create and print one at a time, the charge is then added to your eBay account. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Active Click & Send accounts started to be migrated to the new system (My Post) a few weeks agos, so I can only presume inactive accounts were denied future access when that started happening. Unfortunately my C&S account has not become available to switch over to My Post as yet, so I can't tell you what the differences are, only that Aus Post have been spruiking it as pretty much the same thing, but on a more stable platform - just purely technically, the satchels that are meant to be used with C&S are the plain red and white ones, while the eBay branded ones are meant to be used with eBay's postage label system, but realistically no one has ever been pulled up for putting a flat rate satchel label on the "wrong" colour satchel.

For flat rate satchels though, in general eBay will be 10% cheaper than C&S, unless you have qualified for discounts via C&S (usually requires an application for a Business 250 account, which requires an ABN and minimum annual volume of 250 parcels - eg a 500g satchel via eBay is $7.40 (plus associated satchel and printing costs), while the full rate via C&S - or My Post - is around $8.00 (I think)). 

Edited to add: Once an item is sold and paid for on eBay, the "print postage label" option should appear, which is much like the label generation via C&S, but you can only create and print one at a time, the charge is then added to your eBay account. 

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable
Many thanks for your quick detailed reply.

Yes, I have the plain white plastic satchels with red writing (and stick-down address pocket) so would just try to use those as quite a few left.

I should have added that C&S allowed me to log-on and re-establish my inactive Ebay connection "before" it showed message that I was accessing view only.
Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

You will be able to link Ebay into the new system.

Barrie

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

Sorry, older thread I know, but still very relevant. Do you know when it's going to be linked to ebay? TIA

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

the capability to link ebay to MyPost business is now live - though a lot of people have reported reduced functionality. 

all you need to do is have a MyPost business account and the option should be there to link your ebay account when you login. 

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

Thanks for the confirmation. I tried earlier but no joy, however I'll try again later.

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

Success. Thank you.

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply