Click and Send label printing

Hi Everyone,

I sometimes use Australia Posts Click and Send system, and it works very well.

I have a zebra LP2844Z printer which is configured and prints each label beautifully.

However, there is just one problem.

I can only print one label at a time to this printer which adds huge amount of time to print labels (i process a lot of orders).

The reason is because for some reason AusPost has made it so that if you select the check boxes 

for multiple orders to print, it prints 4 labels to a page... assuming everyone uses a A4 laser printer to print postage labels.

so if you choose 7 orders to print at one time, it prints on 2 pages, with 4 labels on page 1, and 3 labels on page 2.

On the zebra, it prints label 1, then prints label 5... skipping labels in between.

What Im trying to ask is if there is any tweak on the page setup or a havk i can try to get all labels printed sequentially and in order on the zebra thermal printer.

Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Hi Guys, I found a slightly quicker way of working now... Its not ideal, but its a touch faster than before.

So, What I do is the following.

I use IPAD for pretty much everything I do at home, Browsing, Watching Netflix, Iview, Hulu, Ebay, Shopping, websites etc.

So I print The Ebay postage label through my ipad, but I dont actually print the label, I just process print the label where the label shows on the screen, then I close the page once done.

Afterwards when Im at work packing orders, THe first thing I do Is go to Manage Postage Labels, where I can reprint all the labels created earlier... It works a touch faster than creating it on the fly each time at work.

This way, I pretty much process postage labels at leisure time and when at work, I can reprint them quickly.

But be careful, Apparently the option to reprint the labels dissapear after about 12-24 hours.

So choose when you do them carefully.

You can use the REF part to note down what product this postage label is for, to even eliminate the need for printing packing slips, invoices etc.

Hope this info helps others.

Thanks.

Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

Hi, I have just purchased one of these printers but having trouble with the barcode lines being too thick. Auspost support said I would need to use a laser printer but you have had success with thermal. Had you come accross this problem and what was your solution? or if you could please detail your printer settings. Are you using direct or thermal transfer?

thanks

Message 3 of 3
Latest reply