Click and Send problem

valdoe
Community Member

FYI

After the Christmas rush I went over my figures  profits, postage etc and worked out that I un-estimated by $135 for my postage

As an exercise I decided record my transaction with Click and Send.

I sent the article in my own satchel (as article would not fit in a AP pre- paid 5kg satchel)  

I entered weighing 1.8kg and the size 48x38x8

C&S cubed the satchel and gave me a cost $14.40 with tracking

I screen captured the page and took it with me.

I went to the PO they charged me $16.75 

I showed them the screen capture and they as said if you want it sent that is the price. Being a customer order I had no option but to pay.

I queried with C/S they had no reason why?

You think that when you go to the PO that they should scan the label first which should call up the details and cost and pay what was quoted to me OR allow me to pay when I did the click and send.. and all the PO has to do is check my information matches.

This week I estimated I have overpaid by at least $13.00 Yep that is $13 out of my profits.

At present I am filling in the forms to report them to the ombudsman.

If you experience the same thing please do not hesitate contact me.. 

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Click and Send problem

valdoe
Community Member

Before anyone says I sell only small stuff only I also have another account which a store is attached... I only use this id for the board or sell things that does not fit in my store..

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

Click and Send problem

All changes are made by one person starting to do something about it and getting others on board to make thing happen

Good luck.

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

Click and Send problem

It sounds as the person at the counter measured it slightly differently than you did.  It often happens to me; say I am posting a box which I measure as 50.5cm x 30cm x 40cm.then the person at the counter measures it 50cm x 30cm x 40cm and it ends up bit cheaper than I quoted, as I always measure such a way that rather overestimate, it is rarely that I pay more than I quoted. 

No system will ever be perfect.  You have to allow for the human factor.  🙂

000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Voltaire: “Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities” .
Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

Click and Send problem

the only problem is Australia Post staff are clueless and have no idea what click n send is

i had to go to 4 different post offices until i found one with competent staff

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

Click and Send problem

You are right about Australia Post staff are clueless, but they believe they are always right and they believe they know everything

Even if your postage is correct, Australia Post wont send it until we pay their calculations for postage

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

Click and Send problem

valdoe
Community Member

I checked the PO figures and they were correct.. as a matter affect I always say it is 1 cm over the actual size and add 100gms to make sure that I do not get caught for under-postage.

The problem is on the AP computer.. they have a set form they fill and there is no way to alter the end cost to match the C/S cost.

That is why I going after click and send. for false and incorrect pricing. 

If they quote a price the post office should honour it.

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

Click and Send problem

valdoe
Community Member

That is the problem.. they have us over a barrel.

If we don't fight them then nothing will never change.. All we know for certain is charges will go up again in Feb-March which means a bigger rip off.

What I say click and send should allow us to pay on the spot with our other articles and apply the same rules if caught sending articles with not enough postage fine us like they do now.

I know of one seller that did not put enough postage by about $1.50 and received a fine for over $10.

So many complaints about AP and C/S yet no one willing to get of their butts to do anything about it.

Well this bunny has had enough.. I am... First the ombudsman then still no satisfaction the TV stations, because it useless going to your local federal member..

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

Click and Send problem

It clearly states on the click & send site that if you are using your own packaging that the price is not fixed and may differ when you get to the PO.

Some people don't realise that if a box has a slight 'bump' in the middle of one of the sides it will increase the measurement, one cm on a long side can make quite a difference.

On the rare occasions I have used C&S with my own packaging I have added at least 1cm to each of the three dimensions, and allowed for any bumps, I can always give the buyer a refund if it ends up costing less.

It has never cost more than c&s estimated.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 9 of 9
Latest reply