Click and send labels with Large Parcels

Hey guys,

Just wondering if anyone has any probs lodging large parcels with click and send?

I sell a variety of small and larger gear.

Some doesn't fit in Flat rate boxes and satchels.

So i prepare my labels , use my own packing dimensions and pay at the counter.

My Problem is 80% of the time the  click and send label are bypassed and I am given a new tracking number which is not linked to the ebay item.

The whole reason i use click and send is the buyers automatically receive tracking info via there ebay registered email address and I also receive tracking info.

Also helps with paypal disputes.

Anyone else have trouble?

My sales are picking up and every time i lodge they are put through the system a different way.

Cheers

Jeremy

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

You need to make sure they select click and send when they enter the details into the computer. Sounds like they are processing them as parcel post.

photo screen-1-1-1-1.jpg
Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

Recently, I prepared a C&S order and after printing out the label, I realised the item didn't fit into a 500g satchel.

I put it in my own satchel, and stuck the C&S label on it with tape. I took it to the PO to see if it would be ok like that, and they said it is perfectly fine and I can just place it in the red box should that happen again.

So I presume, you can do this all the time providing the item is under 500g.

Doesn’t expecting the unexpected make the unexpected expected?
Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

Yes, I often have to argue with them until they process my parcels correctly.  😞

I just refuse to accept anything else, I tell them that the label that is printed has the tracking number that is already registered with eBay & PP and that for my protection that is the number they have to scan.

000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Voltaire: “Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities” .
Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

Ok glad im not the only one.

Only one bloke at the PO does it properly for me and thats the manager.

I will try and get the instructions and use them to pass onto the attendant.

There is a heap of options on the screen for parcels. They just have to select the right option.

A couple of times they have been processed and a new article number barcode has been printed.

Then Scribbled out,

So as long as the click and send barcode is scanned, should be ok?

Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

perhaps you should pay for your labels online, and then when you rock up at the PO, they have nothing to do but scan the item

Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

no scratch that, sorry, I see you can't use the flat rate boxes

Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

i always have issues with having my own parcels scanned.

The click and send tracking number is never recognised at the post office.

I cant remember a time they havent had to issue another tracking number.

Thats using 3 seperate post offices.

Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

My post office does it no problem, so it must be possible.

Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

Had someone else lodge a parcel on my behalf the other day. Had a mild panic attach when told they had processed it manually but in the end the C&S barcode was scanned anyway on the morning of delivery.

Message 10 of 11
Latest reply