Closing my Ebay Store

Just after some advice on how things work if I choose to close my Ebay Store (not this account)

I currently have the basic store package and due to slow sales was thinking of closing my store to save on the monthly subscription fee's as apparently Ebay now often have free listings and final value fee's offers for no-store holders. So my question are:

1.  What happens to my listings (currently have 293 items listed till Good Till Canceled) 

2. Does the account just stay open with the current listings till the time expires?

3. How can I check when this will be so they don't automatically re-list and cost me a small fortune

or

4. Does the account close all together and all listings are void ?

5. If the account stays open the account name will saty as my previous store name and the feedback remain?

Thanks in advance

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Closing my Ebay Store

The account remains open with listings staying up as a normal account.

Everything stays on the account, name and feedback etc.

It is only the store subscription that ceases and new FVF's take effect if anything sells.

Your account basically reverts back to the way it was before a store sub, like this one you have posted with.

You lose your red door.

image host

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

The account remains open with listings staying up as a normal account.

Everything stays on the account, name and feedback etc.

It is only the store subscription that ceases and new FVF's take effect if anything sells.

Your account basically reverts back to the way it was before a store sub, like this one you have posted with.

You lose your red door.

image host
Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

Thanks for that and for replying so quickly 🙂
Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

After you've closed the store you'll need to end all your GTC listings before they're due to roll over or you'll end up paying listing fees on them when they roll over (or any above your 40 monthly freebies).

If you don't get the no-fee offers or extra freebies you can always list 40 a month for the next 9 months, which will give you 360 listings, but it'll take a while to get up to that number if you don't get the offers for extra freebies. Not everyone gets the promos for extra listings.
Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

The store should stay open until the end of your current billing month (either the 31st or the 15th of the month, depending which you're on). You need to read up on it in the help pages to be sure of everything. Some things it won't tell you but it should tell you when the store subscription actually expires.

In case you don't get the extra freebie promotions straight away it might pay you to spread your listings out before you close the store (by ending and relisting 40 a month on 30 days with auto relist ticked).
Message 5 of 5
Latest reply