Closing my store and a few other questions

accessories_n_things86
Community Member

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to Ebay and have a few questions i need answering as Ebay didnt really give me the answer i was looking for via emails.

Question 1 - I am thinking about closing my store down at the end of the month as i just cant justify having one open at the moment, my question is if i was to use the normal style ebay with 30 free listings per month does that mean that all my items currently in my store end?

Question 2 - Say for example i list 25 of my free listings per month and they are still up for sale at the end of the month i.e nothing has sold does that mean that i get another 30 free listings the following month and the 25 listings i have currently up for Auction or BIN stay listed and i am free to list another 30 free items totaling my listed items as say 55?

Question 3 - How do i put some of my buy it now items in a sale?

Qestion 4 - Can i change a buy it not item to an Auction item without having to end the listing and re list it as BIN.

I think thats about it for now, any feedback would be welcome

Thanks 🙂

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Closing my store and a few other questions

I can't answer all of those questions, but re: Q2.

When you list with the 30 free listings per month, the maximum time you can list them for is 10 days. This is one of the reason a store can sometimes work because you can list for 30 days with a BIN option.

At the beginning on each month, you'll get 30 free listings again but your initial listings (used with the 30 free) would have ended already.

Hope that makes sense.

Doesn’t expecting the unexpected make the unexpected expected?
Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

1. If you close your store all your store (BIN) listings will end. Auctions will continue as normal.

2. As arnl said, the maximum time you can list for outside of a store is 10 days. 30 free listings means 10 a month if none sell and you want to relist them. Or 30 separate items for 10 days (max) each. Any that are still running at the start of the month won't count towards the new month.

3. Go to markdown manager in 'Manage My Store'.

4. I'm not sure. There is an option on the right of a listing in your My eBay to send to online auction, so try it with one and see. Given BINs are store listings and can run GTC, I suspect you will probably incur a standard auction listing fee if you change it from BIN to auction.

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

Q1- once you close your store All BIN will end and only auction will remain.

Q2- 30 free listings mean 30. Once you use them you start the next month with another 30.  The previous ones can only be listed for 10 days so above are correct they will be ended.

Q3- I believe you cannot do a sale on ay items without having a store.

Q4- Not sure about that one.  You may be charged a fee to do that.

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

4. No.

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

accessories_n_things86
Community Member

Thanks very much to all, for your replies- I wasn't aware that you can only list for a max of 10 days out side of a store, that's something to think about before i close it down.

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply