Collections

Hello again, your resident inquisitor is back!!

I've been trying to create some collections in conjunction with the 'About Me' page. When I make the selection from a listing, ours or otherwise, there is a text field for completion suggesting you write a few words about your selection. I assumed this would later show with the item in your collection. However, it doesn't, rather what is shown is whatever was written in the item description field of the listing and further if you tap on the selection it will take you to the listing, or ended listing.

Yet, I see other sellers with collections that only show a pic of the item and their comments beneath it, which is what I'm trying to achieve. What am I doing wrong, this time? Has anyone experience with this?

Thanks,

Melina.

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Collections

have you logged out of eBay and then viewed your feedback page and navigated your way to your collections?  Sometimes things look different when you are not logged into your own account.

It is also possible that items will show differently in your collection once the listings end and drop off eBay completed/sold listings.

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

Collections

Thanks k1000, but yes, I've checked that. No difference, and even after the listing ends, it remains the same, but just shows the ended listing.

I appreciate your suggestions though. Thank you.

Melina.

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

Collections

Something strange seems to be happening with collections at the moment. I have a private collection on this account that I was using to test features etc, so I just tried adding some items to it, with intermittent success. 

Clicking to view the trending or highlighted collections takes me to ebay's home page, with no collections in sight, and from this page ( http://collections.ebay.com.au/ ) clicking to view any of the collections listed there just takes me to an error page, so the functionality is definitely off at the moment.

It may be eBay are winding down (or "improving") this feature, or it's joined the list of glitchy site functions that will be fixed one day.*

* usually eBay speak for "never". 

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

Collections

Thanks for your help.

Theres obviously something wrong with it. I'll play again another day, perhaps.

Melina.

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

Collections

I wouldn't put to much effort into my Collections eBay is killing it off

http://www.ecommercebytes.com/C/blog/blog.pl?/pl/2017/9/1505069640.html

---------------------------------------------------
Profanity is no substitute for wit.
Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

Collections

armarra
Community Member
Has anyone found why eBay is killing this off..

Could it be that they want people to purchase brand new instead of preloved ?

If collections let's sellers of second hand connect with buyers of second hand then new items don't get sold as much.

Thoughts anyone ???
Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

Collections

My only thought is that you should not drag up a 3 year old thread.    Better to start a new one.   Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

Collections

@armarra wrote:
Has anyone found why eBay is killing this off..

Could it be that they want people to purchase brand new instead of preloved ?

If collections let's sellers of second hand connect with buyers of second hand then new items don't get sold as much.

Thoughts anyone ???

Collections weren't exclusively for second hand items, though. In fact, nearly all of the ones I ever saw or made featured brand new items only. 

I'm sure they had use for some, curated collections à la Pinterest pages can be a decent way to discover things you may not necessarily be aware of or search the site for, but if collections as a feature in general increased sales in any category overall, eBay would have kept them around. The site they nicked the idea from even discontinued the feature years ago.

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply