'Combined Payments and Postage Discounts' help?

Hi all, I have a 2 postage policies that I need help with. One is working as it should, the other is not.

The first image, is of the policy that is working. (WAS singles LETTER)

If people buy multiple items with this policy, it only charges them for shipping once. 

the 2nd policy (WAS singles PARCEL) does not do this. It charges buyers the full postage rate for every single item.

This is definitely costing me sales.

the LETTER policy, has 

International postage

• Flat: same cost to all buyers

The PARCEL policy has

International postage

• Calculated: Cost varies by buyer location

This is the only significant difference I am aware of that could be causing the problem. 

Any advice highly appreciated!

LETTER.jpg

PARCEL.jpg

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Just out of curiosity, what is your calculated postage rule? 

When I look at your letter rate item and switch to the postage and payments tab, the postage rule is highlighted in green, but when I look at one of the parcel rate items, there is no highlighted postage discounts as would usually be displayed when a rule is in place.

Also, I see you're using promotions manager on your items, which I'm only mentioning because I noticed I can currently buy 5 of your $1.50 item and only pay $3.90, including postage (if that's what you intended, then not a problem, of course). 

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

Thanks for replying 🙂 yes the $5 off deal hurts in some scenarios! But stock needs to move faster than the rest so its an intentional risk that someone may do that.

So I am confused about my calculated postage rule. It may be the problem. 

I had thought it was how I provide different prices for each international destination, but now I can't even find the place in ebay I set that up. Kind of like a manual shipping rate table?

Attached is another screen shot with another thing it could be, that I would have thought was not turned on. It could be that I have turned this on, thinking I was turning on my 'manual shipping rate table' above.

Screen Shot 2015-09-16 at 7.17.16 pm.jpg

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

It does look like it's currently set to "do not combine weights", which probably results in each one being calculated individually as you've been experiencing.

Sorry if I sound a bit iffy on it, by the way, I'm pretty well-versed in flat rate and promotional postage discounts, but I've never used calculated so there's probably some things which are unique to that, but from what I can tell in the info on the screen shot, you're just able to either specify X amount to be added to the highest postage rate for each extra item purchased, or if you use the subtract option, eBay will take the highest charge, then discount the full postage entered on subsequent items and add to the highest to get a total.

There is an option to set individual postage rates to international locations, but that sets them per listing and doesn't involve any discounts (except on items from the same listing, where you can specify a specific cost per additional of just that item). 

It can get even more confusing at times because not every account has the postage policies system (where you can create shipping profiles and apply them to multiple listings), so a lot of the time when trying to trouble shoot, there can be a lot if / unless / except when , and so forth. 

By which I mean to say, I have no idea if any of that helps, but I hope it does. Smiley Surprised

😄

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

This is still not resolved. Can anyone figure out what I might be doing wrong?

Thanks

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply