Combined postage.

Have any of you guys been having trouble with combined postage lately. I had an email from a customer who said Ebay had tod him that I did not do combined postage which is BS. He bought 4 items off me and finished paying $41 in postage . It cost me $ 18 so I refunded the guy $23. Now I suppose I will have to try and get the postal commission excess from Ebay.

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Combined postage.

Good luck - it aint gonna happen!

Message 2 of 13
Latest reply

Combined postage.

That^^^^^is a given.

Melina.

Message 3 of 13
Latest reply

Combined postage.

I've had messages along those lines, too - usually happens with an overseas buyer using their 'phone instead of a computer.

Message 4 of 13
Latest reply

Combined postage.

Is there any chance you have your listing set up for "Instant Payment" ?  This prevents combining postage. Also, did they use the cart?

Message 5 of 13
Latest reply

Combined postage.

Personally, I have never known that to happen with ebay in the real world, but I hope for your sake they make an exception 

Message 6 of 13
Latest reply

Combined postage.

I've had this issue with people using the mobile app (or so it seems).

Apparently buyers are not able to add to cart and request an invoice.

Also, invoices sent to buyers are not accessible from the app emails (or so another customer claimed) but I'm not entirely sure about that one.

I was toing and froing with one customer a few weeks back and the only way we could do a multi purchase was for her to go to a desktop (or use the classic site on mobile).

I get the impression that the app is only designed for single purchases.

Message 7 of 13
Latest reply

Combined postage.

I've had an issue with this too. I thought I had specified in my settings that I allowed combined postage... however, I get buyers contacting me to say otherwise. Not good for business

Message 8 of 13
Latest reply

Combined postage.

Well the mystery is solved. Apparently in my settings it was ticked that I don't allow combined postage. How it was ticked is a mystery as I have not touched my settings in 15 yreard. The tick has now been removed and normal service is resumed.
Message 9 of 13
Latest reply

Combined postage.

Glad you fixed it, but be aware that eBay is in the process of rolling our forced immediate payment, regardless of your settings. I have never ticked immediate payment because I like to give buyers a postage discount for multiple items. Then out of the blue I was getting everyone paying for individual items, sometimes with $100 over payment on postage.

I ended up asking one buyer and they said they were forced into immediate payment. It made me so angry because I have to keep refunding the excess postage. Thankfully it doesn't happen with auctions, so I'm back to listing more of those (which I'm happy to end early if a buyer doesn't want to wait for it to end).

I believe it's eBay's way of forcing everyone into offering free postage. Not going to happen here. I tried to get the fees refunded, they said I'd get them, but it never happened. Good luck with that one!

Message 10 of 13
Latest reply