Why is my buyer having trouble making a combined payment for more than one item

I have a buyer who wants to purchase more than one of my listed items. She says she is being forced to pay separately with no allowance to combine the purchases. I've had this happen a couple of times recently and I've made a refund through paypal but this lady wants to do a bank transfer which would prove messy for a partial refund. Can I change anything on my listing that will allow her to combine the purchases? I'm not sure why she isn't being given the request total option. Thanks, Kate

Message 1 of 19
Latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

imastawka
Honored Contributor

Maybe she's on her mobile and using the app?

If so, she should use the 'classic' site.  Or access ebay through her browser.

Using the cart helps.

Message 2 of 19
Latest reply

You can send her an invoice with combined postage yourself BEFORE she pays.

The same once happened to me too and the seller sent me an invoice with combined postage.

Message 3 of 19
Latest reply

Mariq7, if the items are just in the buyers cart how do you see what the items are to send a combined postage invoice? If they in a buyers cart then they are not sold, only viewing watching. They don't become a sale until they hit on Buy it Now and then they don't have the option of Requesting a Combined Purchases Invoice.  Seller can't see what is in a prospective buyers cart.  I have had this same problem for a long time and all I can do is ask the customer to send me the item numbers and then change the postage on the listing and then customer buys.  

If anyone has any other ideas how to combine purchases then it would be appreciated.

thank you

Message 4 of 19
Latest reply

If she uses the cart, it should automatically combine them.

From memory, if you scroll down the page far enough, there's a button to request

a combined invoice from the seller.

But they have to click on Commit to Buy - in the cart

Somebody else may have another idea.

It would also be good, for continuity, if you used the same ID

Message 5 of 19
Latest reply

Thank you,  I had one customer today and one yesterday.  I will suggest to try scrolling down further to find the Combine Purchases Option, but this happens every day and the only way I can get a sale completed is to ask the buyer for their item numbers and changing the postage on the listing and then they can complete the sale.  

Message 6 of 19
Latest reply

I just told the seller what I wanted to buy after adding my items to the cart and seeing that it didn't combine postage right.

It is a bit of a hassle of course for sellers who sell a lot, but at the end of the day it is like clicking on "request total from seller" (that sometimes doesn't work or is greyed out for some reason).

But yes, buyers do have to tell the seller. It is not automatic but it is easier than having to refund anything I think.

Message 7 of 19
Latest reply

In my case for example I had bought 4 items and postage for  the first item was full price and for any additional item discounted, but the cart only discounted the second item, and the other two were full price again.

Message 8 of 19
Latest reply

Is there any chance you have selected "immediate payment" on your listing?  Items will immediate payment cannot be combined.

Message 10 of 19
Latest reply