Complain to postal ombudsman about excessive changes to AP postage rates

If you're not happy to AP's excessive parcel rate price hikes, complain to the postal ombudsman. You'll have to google as my link is being nuked.

Here's my letter to the postal ombudsman. Feel free to cut and paste and retool to your hearts content.

Hi there,

I’d like to complain about the recent increases to Australia Post international parcel postage rates. The price hikes on standard Airmail parcels are more than 50% higher than previously. 

They have introduced a new, slower airmail service, Economy Air, that is just a little little more than the old airmail rate, but the delivery times on their website is incorrect. They are claiming 6 days, but according to my post office manager, it will actually be 10-14 days. 

These changes present grave dangers to the thousands of small and home businesses exporting parcels overseas. Ebay and etsy sellers, and there are thousands of them in Australia, many of them are stay-at-home parents like myself who have started home businesses to survive, will be absolutely slaughtered by the increases. Sure there is always the choice to use the economy service, but foreign customers start to get very annoyed when items take more than a couple of weeks to arrive. 

Ever since AP changed the letter rates a month or two back, there service has become an utter shambles with int’l packages that used to take 7-10 days now taking 3-5 weeks. AP used to be very fast and reliable, but I’ve had more packages, both incoming and outgoing, go missing in the last month or so than I’ve had in the last ten years.

Calls to AP to complain are met with an hour of hold music and their Facebook site is inundated with complaints to which they respond with pure spin.

It’s a really bad situation. If you look at forums and message-boards where Ebay and etsy sellers discuss their businesses, there is a lot of distress about these excessive price hikes.

I’m not sure if there is anything further I can do, but I’m happy to provide more information should you require it.
Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

"Hi there"? Not very professional. Why not just say "G'Day mate"? If you're going to take on a large organisation, you need to sound a bit more professional than your greeting and your letter. They'll probably be laughing at that over Friday after work drinks.

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

Troll-Doll.jpg

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

Smiley effrayé

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

'grave dangers', 'absolutely slaughtered'??? Are you for real? Why should the taxpayers pay for AP's losses just so they can give cheap postage to small home businesses who can't survive in the real world? Postage costs what it costs, and the user should have to pay!

It's probably because of people like you ringing to complain that genuine complaints take so long to be answered.
Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

OP has been buying up hyperbole methinks . shopping.jpg

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

OP also needs to learn about leaving fb for their buyers.

Although it's been said it's of no importance, I think buyers like to see their fb

number growing.    They might not come back, cos you don't care.

But thanks for sharing  

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply