Completed new payments registration then sales stopped.

Signed up for the new managed payments on Saturday - then suddenly sales stopped.

Nothing for the past 5 days which is REALLY unusual as I normally never go more than a day between sales. Also, shop has been trending upwards for the last several months, so definitely not the norm.

Hoping it's just a coincidence?

I can see my items on other browsers, so I guess my shop is visible and people can see my stuff, but it is rather disconcerting that this happened right after doing the payments registration.

Anybody else encountering this?

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Our sales were slim over the weekend and put it down to the long weekend and first opportunity for folks to get and about after lock down, finally leaving their screens behind...
Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

Sales were generally down this weekend,
Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

Funny stuff was happening on my store account after registering.

4 days straight I got 0 sales during the day, but would get a small glut of sales between 7:30 and 9:30. I suspected there might be checkout glitches as they prepared to shift my account over etc, and I know a lot of buyers were experiencing payment issues but only with specific sellers so if nothing else I believe it to be a contributing factor.

However, realistically there could have been other causes - a lot of restrictions have been eased in the last week or so, people going back to work, cafes etc reopening, government support starting to near the end and so on. This all translates to fewer people at home with nothing to do, and maybe not quite the income stability as they go back to work and might not be as confident in job security if their work / business is struggling to get back up and running and all that kind of stuff. 

Search is pretty stuffed right now as well - here's a good example if other people get the same results as me.... I just ran a search for stainless steel beads and there is only one result in the first page of 50 that is actually a listing for beads, the rest is chain, wire, keyrings and other assorted findings, some of them don't even have stainless steel in the title, let alone beads. Smiley Sad

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

Thanks for the reply Digi and interesting to note that you also had some issues after registering.

I haven't had any buyers messaging me to say that they were having problems with checkout, so maybe it's because more people are back at work this week and not on their computers as much. Heaven only knows, but it's definitely disconcerting!

Did you find that things went back to normal right after those initial 4 days?

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

Things have definitely picked back up again and I'm now getting orders at all times of the day (though much less during work hours than I was prior to the "deadening", so to speak. Smiley LOL I'll put this down to most likely being people going back to work, though). 

I recall many US sellers saying sales stopped dead after switching to managed payments,  as well, but I don't think they meant in the transition phase between registering and actually using managed payments, since for a while buyers couldn't use PayPal with sellers who had switched. However, I have seen this question asked once or twice in seller groups (i.e. anyone else's sales drop off a cliff after registering - it could be coincidental timing with all the social and work restrictions, it could be the managed payments having an effect on various factors such as visibility while eBay updates listings to be able to get switched over - I suspect it's a little from column A and a little from column B). 

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

I've had a slow week, and I haven't pre-registered yet.

A bit more context: 

Despite ending overseas sales in March, things went nuts for me in April.  April wasmy busiest month that I have records for. It wasn't even close. It beat my previous best month by 30% by raw number of transactions. Then May was exactly the same.  June though, has so far been more or less back to normal.

I initially put my increased sales down to people not buying from overseas sellers anymore, which was where a lot of my compeition was, but if this trend continues, it looks like it was more to do with people just being stuck at home.  We'll see.  The beginning of May was rather slow too, but picked up.

Anyway, point is I'm experiencing a slowdown at the moment which has nothing to do with the new ebay system.

Though that doesn't mean I'm not creeped out by it.  I'm putting off signing up, after all.

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

I am having a problem. Buyers are contacting me/cancelling orders as it says I don't ship to there location. Even in Australia.

I looked up my own items in my wifes phone, added to cart and now it says unable to ship to your location.

Help!!!
Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

Log off ebay Aus, clear cache, log back in ebay Aus

I bet that helps

Dave

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply