Confused about ebay fees

res_203
Community Member

Hi all 🙂

I listed 2 items on Ebay yesterday. I cancelled them today, but am confused about fees. Will I have to pay the fees for the full 30 day listing or just the initial listing fee.

Cheers!

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Confused about ebay fees

You get 40 free listings per month so if you list and then cancel within those 40 free then you won't pay any fees unless you sell the item.

But if you list over and over again and use up the 40 free listings and decide to list again within the month then you will need to pay for listing fees.

View solution in original post

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Confused about ebay fees

Ebay just confuses me..

Are they within your free listings? 

Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

Confused about ebay fees

Any fees incurred happen when you list. If you cancel them any time within the listing period there are no further charges. You have paid for 30 days, if you choose not to use the 30 days that is your choice.

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

Confused about ebay fees

They were buy it now listaings of $999

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

Confused about ebay fees

Which didn't answer the question, which was irrelevant anyway.

Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

Confused about ebay fees

davewil1964,

Are you sure? That's a ripoff!

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

Confused about ebay fees

Why?

You pay to list (or use free listings). If you end listings at any time after listing how is that a ripoff? Have you read eBay's T&Cs? The ones you agreed to when you opened your account?

Are you yet another ERG?

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

Confused about ebay fees

@smelly_bum_bum wrote:

Ebay just confuses me..

Are they within your free listings? 

Hi 🙂

What do you mean by within your free listings?

Thanks

Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

Confused about ebay fees

You get 40 free listings per month so if you list and then cancel within those 40 free then you won't pay any fees unless you sell the item.

But if you list over and over again and use up the 40 free listings and decide to list again within the month then you will need to pay for listing fees.

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

Confused about ebay fees

You have listed and ended the same item twice in 20 minutes (??). You've had no other listings for the month. No, you won't pay any fees.

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply