Contact/transfer to the Billings Team for sellers fees issues, NOT the Managed Payments team

I had someone buy multiple items, so we combined shipping and I refunded the excess back to the buyer. I contacted eBay to adjust my seller fees for the refund, and got transferred to the managed payments team that told me that they do not return seller fees for partial refunds anymore since managed payments started.

Blatantly untrue, since I had eBay do it for me three days ago. I questioned the existence/validity of that change and asked to be shown any email the sellers were sent or eBay help page that reflected it. No one could show it to me. I ended up talking to 2 different people on that team until they finally transferred me to the Billings team who fulfilled my request without a hassle. 

What sort of senseless change would that be if it were true? Seller fees are based on how much an item has sold for plus the taxes, if that amount changes then so too should the seller fee. Also, is eBay now incentivizing dishonesty in sellers? Because the choice seems to be to keep excess shipping or lose money in sellers fees. I know it might not be much for certain items, but it adds up for the people who make a living off of eBay.

This is a case of who you’re talking to, and not what the rules actually are. If things don’t make sense, question it, ask for a supervisor, or get transferred to another department that actually knows what they’re talking about. 

Message 1 of 1
Latest reply
0 REPLIES 0