Cost of living, no one has money to spend

My sales have dropped like most others.The interest rates and cost of living have killed sales.

Also things don't sell without promotional fees.

To deal with it I canned my store and upped the promotional fees instead,also upped the prices and offered free postage.Doing this has improved my sales somewhat.

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Horses for courses.

I won't be following your advice, however. I'll keep my store and ignore promotions.

My sales are actually better than this time last year.

Books tend to be recession-proof. People buy them when other forms of recreation are cost prohibitive.

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

My sales have gone up over the last couple of weeks, was consistantly around the 5 or 7 a day,  now bounces up to 10.   

Like Davewill,  I'm not changing

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

You have to do what works best for you.

I think some of it can depend on what sort of items you are selling, too.

You are right and the cost of living is probably hitting some people. to the extent that they may have pulled back on discretionary purchases.

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

@davewil1964 wrote:

Horses for courses.

I won't be following your advice, however. I'll keep my store and ignore promotions.

My sales are actually better than this time last year.

Books tend to be recession-proof. People buy them when other forms of recreation are cost prohibitive.

I agree. I've never used promotions and have rarely had issues selling things. My sales are slow at the moment because I've been lazy and not put much effort into ebay. My fault entirely. Promoting isn't going to change that.

I don't know why anyone would spend extra money to list items that aren't selling. Seems a bit ridiculous to me. Each to their own I guess. 

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply