Crazy Buyer

Must be a full moon,just lately i have had some strange buyers,One chap was not happy with the item he purchased,i told him no problem return  it,so that i pay postage this end,and as soon as i got it back i would refund him.His response OH NO, i refund him the full ammount,plus return postage cost first (double what i charged him), and he would send it at some stage when he gets arround to it,furher demanded that if i did not refund within 24 hours he was going to the police.WHAT DO YOU THINK MY CHANCES ARE OF GETTING THE SAME ITEM BACK,( IT WAS A CAR PART),IF I REFUND HIM FIRST--I WOULD SAY BUCKLEYS AND NONE !

Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Re: Crazy Buyer

Yep I agree on the crazy buyer,since when does a seller refund the buyer before the buyer returns the item? Um never! so don't refund until you receive the item back and it is the same item.Tell him to go to the police so then they could have a laugh.

Message 2 of 15
Latest reply

Did you send with tracking and proof of postage?

If you did, ask him (tell him nicely), that he should think about commencing an ïtem not as described" dispute. Let ebay tell him what he has to do to get his money back. That will include returning the item at his cost via trackable means. He quite possibly won't bother taking the issue further.

His demands are outrageous!!!

Message 3 of 15
Latest reply

Thats exactly what i told him,from the tone of his messages, this guy has serious agro problems,.Oh well full moons only once a month

Message 4 of 15
Latest reply

understand totally... had similar aggressive buyer... i did all the right things.... expecting to get good feedback, but oh no, after some time I actually asked him to do the right for me ,since i was SO accommodating when he had obviously changed his mind, so he started whinging I sent the wrong size ,....Blah blah blah, and soo very rude,  etc he then went and ruined my impeccable 100% rating , built over 10 years, and lied in feedback that I was to avoided as I was dishonest.... my rating % went down to 96% which does not look totally reputable in my opinion..... eaby should have some protection against a long term trader's reputation being damaged .... for so long.... 12 mths...just beacuse i was unfortuante to come across this nasty buyer... who was offensive to me in responses and lied about the details in my feedback.

Message 5 of 15
Latest reply

"after some time I actually asked him to do the right for me"

Just wondering, does this mean you asked him to leave you positive feedback? From experience, it is best to never 'itch' for feedback, as it sends a message to the buyer that feedback is the zenith of eBay. I always underplay the feedback system, and never mention it in listings etc. Are we here to sell or build a points tally? Being an ex-school teacher, kids loved getting points for sports, good behaviour, etc. That's what I liken the feedback system on eBay to.

I actually think the feedback system on eBay is juvenile in the current 'e-commerce' climate. I sell in my own online store and never hear back from buyers. I receive the odd "Thanks so much!", which is wonderful, but I'm not itching for feedback either there or on eBay. That's why the discussions you read on here about being able to leave buyers negative feedback is, in my opinion, ridiculous. When you buy from other online stores, feedback isn't even an issue. You buy, they send. But since eBay is a community, with members, I do believe that ebay should be putting more systems in place to dissuade nuisance buyers.

Yeah, I know that eBay has lots of private individuals who sell, rather than registered businesses, so there does need to be some accountability, but the feedback system has far too much governance over people's actions here on eBay, imo.

Message 6 of 15
Latest reply

Of course the buyer would refuse to send the item back so you paid the postage at your end, if you were a scammer and didn't refund the buyer they would not be able to win a Paypal dispute as they would have no qualifying proof of having sent it back.

If I had been the buyer I would have had a real dummy spit if you had asked me to invalidate my buyer protection in that way.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 7 of 15
Latest reply

Oh, ok i just refund him, then pay extra for postage for him to send it back,mean while, as he said-- he will send it back when he gets arround to it,-- he decides not to return it,i loose the part,and pay him extra just for the heck of it

Message 8 of 15
Latest reply

Tell him to provide pics. If he doesn't want to, then tell him to open a dispute with Paypal. Paypal will require him to return it to you, by trackable means, before he gets refunded. If you choose to reimburse him (after the return) for his postage, that is your choice.

if he chooses not to return it in Paypal's timeframe, that is his choice. And loss.

Message 9 of 15
Latest reply

You have 3 options, you insist on it being returned and if found to be faulty you will then refund the return postage or if it will fit in an ebay branded satchel then you can process a label through click and send to your address and send them the satchel for the return, they can't use it for anything else, 3rd option is that you ask for photos of the damage and if it is cactus there is not much point in having it returned so you just refund and tell them to chuck it in the bin.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 10 of 15
Latest reply