Crazy Buyer

Must be a full moon,just lately i have had some strange buyers,One chap was not happy with the item he purchased,i told him no problem return  it,so that i pay postage this end,and as soon as i got it back i would refund him.His response OH NO, i refund him the full ammount,plus return postage cost first (double what i charged him), and he would send it at some stage when he gets arround to it,furher demanded that if i did not refund within 24 hours he was going to the police.WHAT DO YOU THINK MY CHANCES ARE OF GETTING THE SAME ITEM BACK,( IT WAS A CAR PART),IF I REFUND HIM FIRST--I WOULD SAY BUCKLEYS AND NONE !

Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Re: Crazy Buyer

If you add some extra funds to every item you sell and put the funds into a pickle jar it has the ability to flatten out the holes.

Self insurance is an interesting approch to these issues.

Message 11 of 15
Latest reply

Thanks for your thoughts on this..... interesting.

Yes, to answer your question, i actually asked him to acknowledge i had done all the right things.... where he had not, and because i had stupidly given him instant positive feedback, which i routinely do when buyers pay.... (on the basis that they have promptly paid for something they haven't evn seen yet,) so I ackowledged that action, and of course, regretted it later when he revealed his true colours.... no avenue for me to change my feedback on him..... (seller can't leave negative feedback anymore about a buyers actions, then why should they be able to leave it about seller?)

In return, I expect  same courtesy from buyers especially this time, when i had done everything to please what turned out to be an aggressive lying customer.

all i wanted was for him to say , "yes... you did all the right things....thank you.".... .as I value my reputation on ebay...

it seems ridiculous to me that i am at the moment selling something to someone right now, who has a 100%  rating after only one transaction.!!!....... AND I now have 96% rating after 400++ transactions..!!!.......instead of the 100% I have always had... he robbed me of that impeccable rating..... which  took  a lot of TIME & HARD work over 10 years.

Do you see why I am angry at Ebay's system???

I think i deserve better protection.

Message 12 of 15
Latest reply

tstore
Community Member
96% is only based on a 12 month cycle. In 12 months it will return to 100%. 10 years is irrelevant. There was a time where this was not a case and you could never get back to 100% unless you were a high volume seller
Message 13 of 15
Latest reply

I've just had the same experience yesterday with a buyer unhappy with item. I have asked for them to return it but they won't. Item was fine when I sent it. Offered full refund including postage but they still weren't happy. They have left negative feedback.

Message 14 of 15
Latest reply

"I've just had the same experience yesterday with a buyer unhappy with item. I have asked for them to return it but they won't. Item was fine when I sent it. Offered full refund including postage but they still weren't happy. They have left negative feedback."

- wow jackster, i have had the exact same experience - block them so they can't buy from you again
Message 15 of 15
Latest reply