Current survey on third party warehousing / postage etc

Just completed a survey on third party warehousing and postage point. 

Dare say this is in comparison to overseas and the GSP. Knew it would have to be looked at in Australia. 

You can imagine my responses mostly NO - NO and NO  - not interested. 

Lets hope it does not get off the ground and of course Ebay glorified what it could do for the seller.

Message 1 of 16
Latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

If it does arrive here, you can simply opt out.

Might mean more sales for those opting out if the USA GSP is anything to go by.

image host
Message 2 of 16
Latest reply

I told them that due to declining eBay sales I would have no need for warehousing.

Also mentioned that due to excessive eBay fees I could not afford any additional costs involved in my selling.

Message 3 of 16
Latest reply

@kopenhagen5 wrote:

Kopes if they run it the same way as the US and UK GSP then sellers will be opted in by default, and possibly have no idea they're signed up for it, with opting out then being not such a simple option for sellers.

One of my sellers in the US was opted in without his knowledge and suffered a large downturn in overseas sales (around 75%), until I alerted him to it and gave him the opt-out procedure.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 4 of 16
Latest reply

I suspected GSP was inevitable when they introduced the option to input package dimensions and weight into the listings, separately to the postage options a seller uses. 

They've bandied about fulfillment ideas before as well, but seems ultimately pointless to me. Unlike the company they so like to be "inspired by", they have no genuine vested interest in creating a first class fulfillment service (for the other company, they dispatch their own products, so they developed a system and allow their sellers to take advantage of it). 

eBay have significantly more self-interest at heart than buyer or seller interest, IMHO, which automatically makes service-based ideas a no-go zone for me. 

Message 5 of 16
Latest reply

A little while ago I completed an eBay survey and was invited to join eBay Your Say. I signed up and haven't been asked my opinion since  😄

Message 6 of 16
Latest reply

@padi*0409 wrote:

@kopenhagen5 wrote:

Kopes if they run it the same way as the US and UK GSP then sellers will be opted in by default, and possibly have no idea they're signed up for it, with opting out then being not such a simple option for sellers.

One of my sellers in the US was opted in without his knowledge and suffered a large downturn in overseas sales (around 75%), until I alerted him to it and gave him the opt-out procedure.

I don't sell OS. If I am opted in and some mug in Venezuela wants to pay $30+ for a $5 paperback, then they will be welcome. As I will only have to post to a depot in Australia it will be a domestic sale from my perspective. Something the critics of the GSP seem to conveniently ignore.

Message 7 of 16
Latest reply

I haven;t done a survey for ages. Not since they sent everyone a message saying they had won the monthly draw for the prize (a $200 voucher from memory). Maybe everyone who complained got evicted.

Dave, I feel the same way. Providing we get the same privileges as those in the US in regards to delivery times and feedback, I'm in.

Message 8 of 16
Latest reply

Ebay could not care less what anyone says in a survey (other than their protected sellers) so they are a waste of time filling out.

Ebay NEVER listens to common sense.

Message 9 of 16
Latest reply

I used to love the ones where they would ask your opinion on something and how likely you would be the use it. You mention you hate the idea and would never use it, then 2 weeks later we have a grand announcement of this new feature, the same one I said was a stupid idea. Surely I wouldn't be the only one saying it was a stupid idea. Made me wonder why they would ask your opinion when they were going to implement it anyway.

Message 10 of 16
Latest reply