Customer Support - positive feedback!

OK, so I listed a whole bunch of old TV magazines. One went for a stupendous price - two buyers bidding against each other, etc (to he point where another seller, excited by the price, also listed a copy of the item, at a "But It Now" of two-thirds the closing price of mine!).

Posted the item off - three days ago, I get a request for a return...

Seems that while it had the buyer's favourite TV star on the cover, she was expecting there to be an article on him as well. There wasn't, nor was there stated to be in the item description. She didn't read the description correctly, and also disregarded the bit about "No Returns". Listed reason for the return was "I don't need it anymore".

I contacted eBay Customer Service (via 'phone) to find out where I stood - the rep checked the details, looked at the original item listing, at her stated reason for return, and told me that it wasn't a valid reason, and that I didn't have to accept the return. He went on to tell me that under the circumstances, she wasn't covered by the Money Back Guarantee, and that if negative feedback was left, eBay would remove it

Transpires that she'd also bought the lower-priced item listed by the other seller, five days after buying mine (and wound up returning his, too)...

Sure enough, negative feedback was left, and a couple of not terribly pleasant (although non-abusive) messages have been sent by her. So, another call to eBay - got through to the same rep, who scrubbed the negative feedback.

On both occasions, I was on hold less than 30 seconds before getting through to a rep, and my concerns were dealt with quickly, politely, and to my satisfaction.

I know Customer Service often cops a hammering in the Forum (and well-deserved at times), but on this occasion, I'm very happy with them!

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Thanks for posting.  We don't always get to hear about the good outcomes. 

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

all well and good, but check your defects after Wednesday just in case   Smiley Sad

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

Yay, great story & great result !!

But what a conniving Buyer - hope I never come across them . . . . . . hope they got their just desserts from eBay, hehehe

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply