Customer waits weeks to advise

Hello i need some help here, my feedback is already a mess although i ship all goods with in 48hrs and offer option of registered post which buyers wont opt for! 

I am really getting sick of buyers contacting me more than 3 weeks after goods have been shipped saying they havent arrived i have replaced over 50 items this month and its costing me a fortune. 

NOW i have a Buyer tonight who has emailed me to say item NOT arrived the item was shipped out to this person on the 5th June nealy 6 weeks ago!! Regular Post I know she will leave me a negative feedback if i dont replace the goods which is NOT fair my terms are clear that buyers advise us within 7 biusiness days of goods NOT arriving

SO WHAT DO I DO? any advise would be greatly appreciated!

Smiley Frustrated

Message 1 of 27
Latest reply
26 REPLIES 26

Re: Customer waits weeks to advise

Hello yes return addresses on all items not the business name just my name, and no information given for whats inside the envelopes though. I generally use 3 different post offices .

Message 21 of 27
Latest reply

party... I'm going to send a quick PM to your messages, no need to reply, just an idea for consideration (just in case, check for the 'unread' link at the top of the page, next to the little grey envelope. 🙂 )

Message 22 of 27
Latest reply

all parcels sent via australia post now have a tracking number included, the number is on the printed sticker they put on the parcel if it is not in a parcel post bag.

Stress to your buyers that if they don't choose registered post or insurance for items over a particular $$ value there is no responsibilit on your part if the item goes missing or arrives damaged. 

If a customer says they haven't received an item and there isn't a tracking number, ring Australia Post and ask them to check with the closest post office of the buyer, they will hesitate to do this, but be polite and persistant. 

I don't have many items that go missing, but I never refund until I can confirm whether the item is in fact missing. I have been scammed one too many times. 

Message 23 of 27
Latest reply

@theemporiumofeverything wrote:

all parcels sent via australia post now have a tracking number included, the number is on the printed sticker they put on the parcel if it is not in a parcel post bag.

Stress to your buyers that if they don't choose registered post or insurance for items over a particular $$ value there is no responsibilit on your part if the item goes missing or arrives damaged. 

If a customer says they haven't received an item and there isn't a tracking number, ring Australia Post and ask them to check with the closest post office of the buyer, they will hesitate to do this, but be polite and persistant. 

I don't have many items that go missing, but I never refund until I can confirm whether the item is in fact missing. I have been scammed one too many times. 

the OP sends a lot of goods by large letter that don't have a tracking number

It is pointless to ask buyers to pay additional $$$ to upgrade to registered post for letter post - it is the seller that carries the risk with unregistered letters.

Regardless what the seller insists on, if they can not provide proof of post in a paypal claim they will have to refund.

Message 24 of 27
Latest reply

I find it so bizzare that you have over 50 items a month go missing... How many items do you send each month?

I've sent thousands of large envelopes within the last year and have had less than 5 go missing.

Message 25 of 27
Latest reply

Your listing states that you send the balloons in a zip lock bag.  If you put a ziplock bag in an ordinary envelope it it possible that they bunch up and the envelopes get torn and the balloons go missing?

Have you tried different packaging.....try sandwiching the ballons between cardboard before putting them in an envelope.  Or perhaps a stronger envelope.   Would a CD mailer be stronger than an envelope?

Message 26 of 27
Latest reply

Hello only had 4 missing in the last week and all balloons are vaccum sealed Flat as a pancake for travel and packeged in sturdy envelopes i will be making a start on getting my listings cleaned up this week. My second eBay store is set up better and doing not to bad. Its always so much time and work! Thank you for your reply. Smiley Very Happy

Message 27 of 27
Latest reply