Customer wishes to return item , who pays postage

Hoping someone can answer my question. Buyer has sent a message wishing to return a purchase she made. Item was brand new with tags still attached. They were a pair of pants by a known brand, she says the sizing is different to the pair she already has. I am happy for her to return them however I don't think I should be out of pocket for postage costs.

Can anybody help me with the correct process
Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

If you have filled in your terms for return of items you should be covered. Most  say returns only accepted "if not significantly as described " and "return postage to be paid by purchaser" I have recently sold items that apparently did not fit. I give quite a few measurements and also say they are welcome to ask for more,so the onus is back on them. Another said it was too small and appeared to have been shrunk in the wash !! I sell a lot of larger ladies clothes but not my fault if they are larger than they think they are ! I offer a refund on return but not on the postage  - have never had anything returned and seldom asked for refund - tells me they are trying it on and those buyers get blocked.If your item is new and described then it is up to you whether or not you ask for a return but would suggest that they pay postage. 

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

PS They also need to be returned as recieved with tags attached. I know of someone who habitually buys an oufit for an occasion,wears it then returns it to the shop as being "unsuitable" - no wonder retailers get fed up and are losing money.

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

If you had all the measurements in the listing, and she still wants to return it, then unless it is FAULTY, she has to pay the postage, not you.  Doesn't matter how it might compare to other stuff she has at home, companies vary their size charts all the time.

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply