Customers cannot pay because shipping does not appear in invoice.

This is an ongoing issue and has resulted in losing a sale.

Despite my sending an invoice with shipping information and cost, the customer cannot pay. They are advise there is no shipping information and hence are prevented from paying.

I have another similar issue where the shipping amount cannot be adjusted in the invoice. I called Ebay customer service on that one and thye could not rectify agreeing it was "weird".

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I've previously had a similar situation.  

Because my postage is set to 'freight', when I entered the postage amount and sent the invoice to buyer, the $'s for postage disappeared and buyer could not pay.

I finally resolved it (with CS help) 1. enter the postage cost, then  2. preview the invoice information - do not recalculate.  At that point it changes from Freight  to 'Freight with Postage' (or similar words), and then I can send the invoice - no hiccups the other end.

Hopefully your problem is the same, and my suggestion may be of help.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

When you resend a new invoice DO NOT click on recalculate after you enter the new postage costs.

Just enter the postage and send. You can preview first before clicking on send if you like.

Message 2 of 12
Latest reply

Hi there sparklz, thats for the interest however this matter does not concern sending a new invoice . Cheers

Message 3 of 12
Latest reply

Sparklz is not referring to sending a new invoice.

Do you click Recalculate after you enter the shipping amount?

If you do this it resets the invoice back to the original invoice that has no shipping on it.  DO NOT click on Recalculate before sending the invoice.

Message 4 of 12
Latest reply

I've previously had a similar situation.  

Because my postage is set to 'freight', when I entered the postage amount and sent the invoice to buyer, the $'s for postage disappeared and buyer could not pay.

I finally resolved it (with CS help) 1. enter the postage cost, then  2. preview the invoice information - do not recalculate.  At that point it changes from Freight  to 'Freight with Postage' (or similar words), and then I can send the invoice - no hiccups the other end.

Hopefully your problem is the same, and my suggestion may be of help.

Message 5 of 12
Latest reply

Thanks for your interest Lyndal1838. I do not click recalculate so that is not the issue.

Message 6 of 12
Latest reply

Hi 5kazam, yes it sounds like it may be the same issue you mentioned. My postage is set to "freight" also. I'll check on this next time. Cheers

Message 7 of 12
Latest reply

Whoops!! Forgot to mention that I was also requested to log out and back in before doing this - apparently it refreshes the page.

Good luck! Hope it works for you - I certainly haven't had any problems since doing the 'Preview' bit before sending invoice.
Message 8 of 12
Latest reply

Not exactly the same issue, but I recently had a Buyer who was not able to see all the details on a Combined Postage invoice.  When I looked at it, all appeared correct.  By memory, it was 10 or 11 items and Registered Post, but she kept getting only one item appearing with standard post.  In the end I sent a Request to Pay via PayPal and then marked the order as Paid - that way no-one lost out on Fees and I didn't lose the sale, which was about to happen.

I have had to do this twice recently . . . . . . glitch maybe . . . . . .  ?

Message 9 of 12
Latest reply

thanks, I hope this workd for me - having troubles when customers try to pay via the ebay app. 

Message 10 of 12
Latest reply