Declining offers

I have now set up some of my items which have best offers with : Automatically decline offers lower than ...... as I am sick of ridiculously  low offers.

I would like to know when set up, do you still see low offers (messages through ebay that say an offer has been received)  even though it is automatically declined?

thanks and Happy New Year!

Message 1 of 16
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Declining offers

I just wanted to know the process, that's all. If I don't get messages from ebay saying I received an offer that is fine. ☺

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 16
Latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Declining offers

Since you have set up auto decline offers,why does it matter if you see them or not?

If you want to see the ridiculous offers then don't have the auto decline on.

Happy New Year.

Message 2 of 16
Latest reply

Declining offers

I just wanted to know the process, that's all. If I don't get messages from ebay saying I received an offer that is fine. ☺
Message 3 of 16
Latest reply

Declining offers

Why not try use the low ball offer to your advantage.

Ask them to buy something else as well to offset the low offer.

Say you'll accept the offer price but only if they buy 2 or 3 of the items.

Lots of "angles" to throw at them......

Message 4 of 16
Latest reply

Declining offers

I just got my answer. Yes you still see the ridiculous low offers even though you have the automation of declining offers lower than youraccepting price. I as actually hoping not to see them.
Message 5 of 16
Latest reply

Declining offers

Delete them before you look at them lol.

And on a serious note I noticed that you have Cash On Delivery,you do know that is a very expensive payment method.

Do you really mean Cash On Pickup?

Message 6 of 16
Latest reply

Declining offers

Thanks typhoon4u, 

I hadn't thought of that.  What a great idea. I could see it working for some of my items.  Some offers are lower than 80% of my asking price, so I would find it quite difficult trying to make up the extra money lost in the item they are wanting to purchase.

Message 7 of 16
Latest reply

Declining offers

I had a look at my listings, and there is no : cash on pick up, unless I am missing something.  I have never had an issue, as I assumed buyers knew that it meant Cash on pick up.  I am sure someone will advise me here if there is a Cash on Pick up.

The options I have are :

Bank Deposit

Money order / Bank cheque

Personal cheque

Cash on delivery

Other / See item description

Escrow

Message 8 of 16
Latest reply

Declining offers

Cash on Delivery is an expensive Australia Post service that means you post the item and AP collect the postage, plus a service fee, from the buyer before handing the item over. If the buyer refuses delivery, it will be returned to you and YOU will have to pay the postage and fee. If a buyer does select the option and you don't send, you will almost assuredly get a defect from eBay and a neg from the buyer.

I can't remember how to explicitly set cash on pickup as an option, even though I have it on all my listings, as I set it up years ago.

Somewhere in 'Postage options' I believe.

I didn't think eBay Australia provided an escrow service, either.

Message 9 of 16
Latest reply

Declining offers

I went in to edit some of my listings under bulk edit, and then went into edit "payment".  There they have an option for "Cash on pick up".  I never knew that.  You learn something new each day!  Thanks

Message 10 of 16
Latest reply