Defect for Late Shipment

Hey Everyone. Just wanted to check with everyone here because I know I will get a straight answer, instead of calling CS. I have just noticed I have a Late defect Rating - Carrier Says late delivery. Customer ordered it on 14th February, AP scanned it on 16th Feb, then 17th, 18th, 20th all scanned again, then finally delivered to QLD (im in Sydney) on 25th Feb. Should I call Ebay and question the defect or let sleeping dogs lie.

Message 1 of 31
Latest reply
30 REPLIES 30

Defect for Late Shipment

What was the estimated delivery date? Did you get a lodgment scan, or just drop it in the red box?

Message 2 of 31
Latest reply

Defect for Late Shipment

Not sure what the estimate was - when I go back into the order, it doesn't state it, just says 4 business days. I use couriers, so this was AP Express. Uploaded tracking information within 24hrs.

Message 3 of 31
Latest reply

Defect for Late Shipment

@allsafetysolutions1 wrote:

Should I call Ebay and question the defect or let sleeping dogs lie.

It depends on what your handling time is and whether the first Aus Post scan is within it.

eg If you have a 0-day handling time, dispatch on Tuesday would be after that so it's considered "late". 

I'm honestly not sure how eBay count 1 business day in terms of purchases made on a Sunday. I know that if someone buys something on a Monday, it's due to be posted by the next day, but whether that means postage on Monday for a Sunday purchases, I have no idea.

Obviously if your handling time is 2 or more days, then postage or a scan event on Tuesday will mean it was posted on time, and you should be able to get eBay to remove the late shipment. 

Message 4 of 31
Latest reply

Defect for Late Shipment

Handling time I have is 2 days. This was ordered on a sunday afternoon, I had it despatched Monday and upload tracking on the Tuesday morning. I understand if I posted it late or something, but how can the courier say that they deem it to be delivered late, when they delivered it late.

Message 5 of 31
Latest reply

Defect for Late Shipment

@allsafetysolutions1 wrote:

Handling time I have is 2 days. This was ordered on a sunday afternoon, I had it despatched Monday and upload tracking on the Tuesday morning. I understand if I posted it late or something, but how can the courier say that they deem it to be delivered late, when they delivered it late.

In that case I think it's worth calling eBay - handling time is business days, and 2 business days after Sunday is Tuesday, so you're able to prove the package was with the courier within your stated handling time and the late shipment shouldn't count against you. 

Message 6 of 31
Latest reply

Defect for Late Shipment

It shouldn't but who knows these days.

Message 7 of 31
Latest reply

Defect for Late Shipment

Also, you might want to consider increasing handling time to 3 days, whilst continuing to despatch ASAP.  Gives you a bit of leeway with ebay's unrealistic estimates.

Message 8 of 31
Latest reply

Defect for Late Shipment

I had thought of that aswell. I only increased it at the start of the year from 1 to 2 days. as I said, if it was my fault, (as in I didn't ship it on time or didn't have tracking) I'd cop it sweet, but I think I have/had done everything right yet still got a defect.

Message 9 of 31
Latest reply

Defect for Late Shipment

late delivery is just that...late DELIVERY...not late posting....complain...complain...complain...surely someone has common sense to fix this
Message 10 of 31
Latest reply