Defects Backdated

I just had a look at my defects which are at 0.93%.

1 is not as described

&

1 Item not received.

When I go and check the report, they are dated 17/11/2013 & 27/11/2013

I thought it was going to start in November 2014, so obvioulsy not.

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Defects Backdated

Defects system started in August and even then it would use information from 12 months or 3 months before depending on the amount of volume you sell.

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

Defects Backdated

The money back guarantee thing starts in November but defects have been around for some time, they have certainly been recording them in the dashboard area ever since I returned to selling in March this year.  I think it was August they started acually using them as a performance management thing.  They are not however accurate, in many cases, the defect report does not match the defect rate in the dashboard, and in my case, my defect report has not changed since April.

Cheers,

Penny
Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

Defects Backdated

Mine are starting to roll in. lol

I think it's funny, well i have no choice or control over it, so i have to think that way or it'll drive me nuts.Smiley Indifferent

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

Defects Backdated

Thankyou I wasn't sure about it.  

I am on the phone now to eBay, as I do not recall the "item not received"  dispute

I always follow up with messages etc and its looking like someone opened a case then received it but they didn't close it.

She is checking through my messages now, so may get it removed.

Have been advised these will drop off in December anyway, but that is not the point. 

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

Defects Backdated

The end result with the conversation was

that it shows in my favour as the buyer did receive the item but

because it has been more than 60 days  the defect cannot be removed.  It will drop off in December.

I am going to watch the defects closely now, and if it get ridiculous its off to the markets for me Smiley Happy  as I always try to do the right thing as a seller on eBay 

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

Defects Backdated

I have an Item not ceceived on my report as well, from back in April, it was closed the day after it was opened, when the goods arrived (within the stated delivery time).  Apparently they stay on the list regardless of resolution, the fact that it was opened is enough to make it a defect.

Cheers,

Penny
Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

Defects Backdated

Hi Penny, very one sided isn't it.  

If its closed with a resolution then it shouldn't be a defect.

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply