Definition of Neutral - so why a defect?

Definition: neutral neu·tral (nōō'trəl, nyōō'-) adj. Belonging to neither kind; not one thing or the other

So if a buyer leaves Neutral feedback, why are we slapped with a defect. It is neither good nor bad, so therefore a defect should not apply. That's what negs are for.

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

3/5 = 60%, but it's also a defect according to eBay's DSR system.

Quoting Mrs. Krabappel from way back in 1990, "59 is a high F"... but still a fail. Apparently in eBay world though, anything under 80 is too.
Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

Don't worry... come Feb then these defects for NEG or NEUT will be a thing of the past

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

Even if a buyer leaves you a positive, they can still mark down your DSR score.

That happened to me recently - buyer left positive feedback, but marked the item low in the "described" section, which gave me a defect.

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

True Clarry. Just never made sense to me. It's neither nor so should never have been classed as a defect.

I guess the next thing to worry about is all the defects for late delivery thanks to AP. Already have a few even though posted within the time frame, weekends and public holidays don't get taken into account, and none of the buyers left low DSRs, it's the eBay late Post delivery causing defects.

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

I thought if items were sent with tracking that the question wasn't in the feedback. I left feedback last night for an overseas shipment I received yesterday (that arrived in record time!). It was sent with tracking. The question was in each feedback. Of course I ticked yes it arrived before the estimate as the earliest estimate date was Jan 10. The first one when I clicked yes, I then used my down arrow to scroll and the tick jumped over to NO. Thankfully I noticed it and changed it back.

It's done the same thing in the past when you select positive. Use the down arrow to scroll and it jumps from neutral to negative. I'm now wondering if other people have scrolled using the down arrow and not realised that it has changed their selection. It's also possible that we could have NO marked against us when the buyer actually intended to tick yes for that question. That's a scary thought!

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

Soon sending a faulty item and getting neg not as described will not be a defect, but a seller realizing it has a fault, communicating this with buyer and offering a refund or negotiated option will be a defect....So moral is dont quality check your item before sending, better to send a dud than nothing at all..Ebay believes this is best for buyers

Also better to delay sending anything if necessary to make sure you have validated proof you sent it than get it on its way ASAP. making buyers wait so your butt is covered is also now considered best for buyers.

If you need to clarify details post sale, or hold an item at buyers request for whatever reason, dont, get it scanned as shipped within your handling period regardless..This is also better for buyers.

-------------------------------

ASSUMPTION IS THE MOTHER OF ALL STUFF UPS!!
Message 7 of 7
Latest reply